The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

June 4, 2013 - 8:34 am

Today, Wetumpka Tea Party leader Becky Gerritson delivered a thumping to the Internal Revenue Service and to politicians in Washington. Gerritson explained how she came to be an activist, then told members of the House Ways and Means Committee that her group of Americans had come together because “our representative government had failed us.” The IRS abuse of her group provided proof, if more was needed.

“I am not here as a serf or vassal. I am not begging my lords for mercy. I’m a born free American woman, wife, mother and citizen. And I’m telling my government that you’ve forgotten your place. It’s not your responsibility to look out for my well-being, and to monitor my speech. It’s not your right to assert an agenda. Your post, the post that you occupy, exists to preserve American liberty. You’ve sworn to perform that duty. And you have faltered.”

Gerritson went on to detail the invasive questions that the IRS asked of her group, including contents of all their written communications, information on group members and speakers, and more. Gerritson says she and her husband considered dropping their application due to the IRS’ actions. Gerritson also dropped a bombshell on the committee: Her group received an inquiry letter bearing Lois Lerner’s signature. Lerner has claimed that the IRS abuse of groups like Gerritson’s was the work of a couple of “rogue employees.” Lerner has since plead the Fifth Amendment in her refusal to testify on the abuse, and has been placed on administrative leave.

Gerritson described the IRS abuse: “This was not an accident. This is a willful act of intimidation to discourage a point of view. What the government did to our little group in Wetumpka, Alabama, is un-American. It isn’t a matter of firing or arresting individuals. The individuals who sought to intimidate us were acting as they thought they should in a government culture that has little respect for its citizens.”

Government workers often think “they are our masters,” Gerritson said, “and they are mistaken.”

“I’m not interested in scoring political points,” Gerritson said, “I want to protect and preserve the America that I grew up in. The America that people cross oceans and risk their lives to become a part of. And I’m terrified it is slipping away.”

More: Democrat Rep. Jim McDermott Blames Conservative Groups for Bringing IRS Abuse Upon Themselves

The response from the totalitarians?

You lot can go bugger off.

Jim McDermott is the only honest man in the whole totalitarian red wing. He basically said, you sit down and shut up and take your beating...and the only thing we want to hear from you is..."yes sir, may I have another".

Who are you going to call? The Department of Justice? Eric Holder is one of the architects of your persecution.

The media? The totalitarians believe they themselves are supermen, disguised as mild mannered Clark Kent JournOlistas working at the Daily Plant-it....where stories are force fed to the public through secret, closed door sessions with The Royal Castile...formerly known as the White House.

We ARE serfs and vassals, serving our overlords...or paying the price for our "insolence". The scandal didn't arise in the past few weeks. It arose the moment we allowed our information stream to become a co-conspirator with those who mean to steal our liberties and destroy our freedoms.
Bravo, Becky, call these petty totalitarians out for their shameful attack on our liberty
Great highlight. Stirring words in the spirit of true freedom.
Just two questions:

1) When do people start going to jail? People like Lois Lerner.
2) When does Obama actually muster the decency to issue a genuine apology?
so tell me, with the hearing in congress today, why the media black out of this news, in the Los Angeles area.
Very moving. I weep with you Ms. Gerritson.
All American's should be sounding off with the confidence of Becky Gerritson against the Federal Government that has overstepped their boundaries. The Obama administration and those the President has positioned in Federal offices is more and more disregarding and show no respect for the Constitution of the United States. God Bless America, Israel, the NRA and all Real Freedom Fighting Patriots.
All the people who testified today were great. More articulate than any elected official I've ever heard, they all spoke with deep passion about the pain and disappointment that our own government would do these unbelievable things to keep them silent.

Later I let my imagination take me into the room where these IRS drones are compiling their long list of questions for these unsophisticated people from places with names like Wetumpka.
Drone #1: Oh, I've got one! Let's ask them what books they read! (she cackles) I bet they've never read anything but The Bible! (she pops a Godiva chocolate into her mouth)
Drone #2: That's a good one, but what about this? Did you or any of your friends or relatives or relatives of friends or friends of friends ever think about running for office? How many times a day do you make your children pray? (he laughs raucously, almost spilling his glass of Pinot Noir)

I could go on, but I think you get the picture.
A letter signed by "5th Amendment" Lerner? I thought it was a rogue operation by some low-level Cincinnati flunkies?
I am overwhelmed with the arrogance and snobbery demonstrated by McDermott, Levin et al. They will how no class or statesmanship. The only ting they understand is losing...and that's why they CHEAT. I fear this is a big show trial. Shame on the GOP if that's all it is.
BACK IN THE USSR;
United States Socialist Republic.
I am proud to be on the side of this passionate patriot.
We began to pay the price of totalitarian abuse...the moment we allowed leftists to conspire unfettered with the Agenda Media, Agenda Hollywood and Agenda Academia.

Giving that kind of power to people who steadfastly refuse to hold each other accountable for evil...GUARANTEED that evil would occur. And now, it has.
That was fantastic! It needs to get noised up a lot.
1 2 Next View All