The PJ Tatler

Dwayne Horner

July 31, 2014 - 2:31 pm

Congressional approval ratings are at a historic low, and after what has happened over the course of the last twenty four hours – I can see why. On the House floor Wednesday, longtime Democrat Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee made the startling claim that “We did not seek an impeachment of President Bush, because as an executive, he had the authority.”

These are the moments when you say “Really?”

The problem here is that Rep. Lee lied to the American People inside the People’s House. Good thing for her that when you make speeches on the floor of the House of Representatives you are not under oath or under the threat of perjury. Perhaps that should change, but that’s another debate for another day.

Lied? Well back in 2008, Rep. Lee co-sponsored House Resolution 1258 entitled “Impeaching  George W. Bush, President of the United States, of high crimes and misdemeanors. “

Today I called her Washington office to see if perhaps I was confused, and the representative from Houston was telling the truth. When reaching her D.C. congressional office, I asked the nice lady who answered the phone if she knew of the contradiction and could help my confusion. After clearly saying she was not speaking for the congresswoman, when asked about the fact there was a contradiction, she said “We are aware that the congresswoman has made contradicting statements in her remarks on the floor.”

When I pressed, and asked “Not as a representative but just as someone I am talking to, isn’t the fact that she said one thing in 2008 that is totally opposite of what she said yesterday – isn’t that really a lie?” The answer, honest but shocking, was “Yes I think that is a lie.” (Note the quotes are from memory, I didn’t anticipate that I would need to get them on record but I sure wish I had.)

That was startling. I asked to speak to someone in the office to register my thoughts on a congresswoman lying on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives. From there, it got crazy but not as crazy, and then a little crazier.

I was transferred to a gentleman on Lee’s staff. When I again asked him about the contradiction and stated that perhaps I was confused, the man said “Oh look it here, we have one of those right wing, tea-bagger nut jobs on the phone taking his cues from FOX News.”

He then accused me of being un-American, raising his voice at me while asking me to calm down, and telling me that I am just on some mission to destroy our country. When I calmly asked for his name, he said “I don’t have to give it to you because I don’t want to show up on some right wing blog and be on your Twitter account.” Keep in mind, I never said who I was – he just made assumptions and attacked me. When I reminded him that he gets paid by our tax dollars, he said “I doubt you even pay taxes and the IRS will find you soon enough,” and hung up on me.

If Gregory Alan Berry, phone number is 202-225-3816, is making threats against people to use the apparatus of government against them, you owe it to America to follow up with charges against Gregory Alan Berry, phone number is 202-225-3816.

The Chief Counsel for Sheila Jackson-Lee is Gregory Alan Berry and his phone number is 202-225-3816. He has held that position since March 2013 and makes an annual salary of $88K. This is publicly-available information via the Sunlight Foundation and Legistorm websites. (Just in case you plan to pursue a follow-up....)
>>When I reminded him that he gets paid by our tax dollars, he said “I doubt you even pay taxes and the IRS will find you soon enough,” and hung up on me.
The word outrageous is starting to pale as a description of their attitude.
Is this threat actionable, can he be held accountable for his words?
Every time i hear "Sheila Jackson Lee" i am compelled to tell this TRUE STORY. I work for a casino in SW Louisiana, most of our guests are from SE TX. I used to be able to pick Sheila Jackson Lee's constituents out of the crowd because they were the dumbest, loudest, rudest, most entitled whiny diaper babies in all of gaming. Silvermining, panhandling, theft, trying to score free drinks while not gambling a dime, the works. I'd rather deal with a drunk high-roller on a losing streak than these goons. Really, who the hell takes 3+ hr bus ride to a casino, arrives at 10 PM, leaves at 6 AM, and rides back, on a weeknight? Everybody on my shift, regardless of department, would try to leave early rather than fight with them. I say "used to" because management got smart. Originally you got on the bus in HOuston for free and got a coupon for $10 worth of free coins when you arrived. We started charging $10 to get on the bus, then give you a bigger coupon when you arrived, but you had to have a players club card to cash the coupon. Getting one of those required a valid photo ID. Eventually we eliminated the coupon totally, the "coins" were on your players club card and couldn't be traded for cash. POOF, there went the busload of crack heads. That must be why Sheila Jackson Lee's title is REPRESENTATIVE. Gee, i wonder why Lee flips out when we ask for ID to vote?
This is why you should always use a phone recorder for official communications, and start every conversation with the statement "this call may be recorded for quality control purposes."
Make sure all these thuggish staffer's names are published everywhere you can (even spray painted on the walls if you have to). Publicly outing them as thugs and holding them to account are the two things they can't deal with.
She has incredibly high turnover in her office and treats most of her staff even worse than her people treated you. She demands to be treated like a GOD. If there is a place below beneath contempt, that is where she belongs.

I looked up the word 'moron' the other day. The word has an interesting etymology. A 'moron' is a person with an IQ between 50 and 75. An 'imbecile' has an IQ between 25 and 50, and an 'idiot' has an IQ between 0 and 25. I'm sure Sheila Jackson Lee is not an idiot or an imbecile.
It could have been worse. Mr. Chief Counsel might have said, "Stop being mad all the time. Stop just hating all the time. Come on."
Ah, me! Another episode of the renowned La Jackson Lee. From a neighboring Congressional District here in Houston. The story I like the best (don't know if it is true) is that Jackson Lee tried to bull her way to the front of the line at IAH, to be told by a gentleman to bug off and get in line. She asked if he knew who she was..."Nope". "I am Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee!)

Chuckle. Madam, I don't care. I am Canadian.
Isn't there also a story about how she demands that her staff car be kept running, with the AC on, at all times and it runs like a car with 4x as many miles?
Hate mongering liberal bigots gots to hate. Go figure.
Rep. Jackson-Lee is fairly stupid and she probably doesn't remember what she ate for breakfast today, let alone what bill she sponsored six years ago.
1 2 3 4 Next View All

26 Trackbacks to “Exclusive: Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee’s Staff Threatens Taxpayer For Asking About Her Impeachment Claims”