The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

December 16, 2013 - 6:55 am

In which the United States secretary of State discloses that he really isn’t all that up to speed on what’s going on in the world.

ABC News journalist Martha Raddatz asked Kerry, who was in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, about the execution of North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un’s uncle.

“I mean it really reminded me of — of a video that we saw of Saddam Hussein doing the same thing, having people plucked out of an audience and people sitting there sweating and nobody daring to move or do anything,” said Kerry, according to the transcript provided by ABC News. “Um, this is the nature of this ruthless, horrendous dictatorship and of his insecurities.  And — and I think we — we need to factor that into the urgency of getting China, Russia, Japan, South Korea, all of us, uh, to stay on the same page and to put as much effort into the denuclearization as possible.  To have a nuclear weapon, potentially, in the hands of somebody like Kim Jong In — Jun — just becomes even more unacceptable.”

Video at the link.

North Korea has conducted three nuclear tests. Two of those have occurred since 2009, with the most recent happening February 12, 2013. John Kerry was confirmed as secretary of state on January 29, 2013. The North Korean nuclear test, which occurred a couple of week after Kerry’s confirmation, demonstrated that North Korea has been able to miniaturize a nuclear weapon to fit as a warhead on a missile. Kim Jong Un had been North Korea’s dictator since 2011.

More from Victor Davis Hanson: Obama’s Ironic Foreign Policy

Is this the guy who once argued against tax cuts for Americans on 02/06/09 by SAYING: "I've supported many tax cuts over the years, and there are tax cuts in this proposal. But a tax cut is non-targeted. If you put a tax cut into the hands of a business or family, there's no guarantee that they're going to invest that or invest it in America."
And then DID: In 2010, the MA Senator takes delivery of $7,000,000 yacht ‘Isabel’ built in New Zealand and then docks it in R.I thereby avoiding $500,000 in taxes and fees in MA.
You see folks Liveshot is one of the Beautiful People.
Do as I say, not as I do. Taxes for thee but not for me.
Oh yeah, that's right...same guy.
I once had a mentor that told me first rate managers hire first rate subordinates, and second rate managers hire third rate subordinates. A first rate managers wants his people to succeed thus helping the entire organization succeed. A second rate manager is afraid his people will out shine him so he hires third rate people to appear smarter than they are.

Obama and his appointees confirms it for me.
Kerry truly is an idiot. An idiot who thinks that he is smart and sophisticated. Kinda like his boss.
just as Roger said I didnt even know that you can profit $7644 in one month on the computer. you can find out more http://qr.net/mB4Q
"I've gone completely out of my mind.. And..
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa
To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be
happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're
coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!! "

The DC Beltway Funny Farm!
Kerry made his money the old fashioned way: he married it. John Kerry Heinz is and always has been a horse-faced lightweight, surprise, surprise, surprise.
Mr. Kerry is carrying on in the best tradition of the Hillary Clinton Doctrine of, "What difference does it make?" Something to be said for continuity with the Secretary of State.

Hillary accomplished nothing but accumulating frequent flyer miles on her aimless and pointless flitting around the world, simply to pad her resume.

Kerry is more dangerous as he is laboring under the misconception that he actually knows what he is doing. He has been delusional since he got on that first Swift Boat.

You see folks Liveshot is one of the Beautiful People.
Do as I say, not as I do. Taxes for thee but not for me.
Oh yeah, that's right...same guy.
Kerry is a useless idiot.
Hanoi john is just being the usual traitor that he was in the Vietnam war, where he marched for the north along with that traitor hanoi jane fonda. Oboombo got paid off BIG TIME by Hanoi Johns wife to give this traitor the job to again sell out this country.
"Kerry’s gaffe, if that’s what it is, isn’t on the level of potato vs potatoe. It’s on the level of having America’s top diplomat dealing with one of the world’s most dangerous neighborhoods, and not knowing the very first thing about his job."

This incident reminds me of a story a few months ago about the new president of Taiwan. The story kept using "him" and "his" but other stories I'd seen made it clear that the president was a woman and the photos in those other stories proved it.

To their credit, the major newspaper (it was an online paper but I don't recall which one) had caught and fixed their error by the next day when I went to the story again. I don't know if the staff caught the error though or if it was a case of reader posting the information in the comments section.
The only thing I find shocking about this, is that I am not at all shocked. We knew our most important diplomat is this ignorant. I just don't know why the American people voted for this....TWICE!
File this under: Surprise! John Kerry's an incompentent Dumbass!
@Jaycen surprise to the Democrats only...known to pretty much everyone else I'd wager
1 2 3 Next View All