So, it seems that “Tirge Caps” at Daily Kos isn’t happy that Obamacare will increase his family’s health care premiums. He blogged about it, and it’s quite an entertaining freak out.
My wife and I just got our updates from Kaiser telling us what our 2014 rates will be. Her monthly has been $168 this year, mine $150. We have a high deductible. We are generally healthy people who don’t go to the doctor often. I barely ever go. The insurance is in case of a major catastrophe.
Well, now, because of Obamacare, my wife’s rate is gong to $302 per month and mine is jumping to $284.
I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any fucking penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this?
Oh, ok, if we qualify, we can get some government assistance. Great. So now I have to jump through another hoop to just chisel some of this off. And we don’t qualify, anyway, so what’s the point?
I never felt too good about how this was passed and what it entailed, but I figured if it saved Americans money, I could go along with it.
I don’t know what to think now. This appears, in my experience, to not be a reform for the people.
What am I missing?
I realize I will probably get screamed at for posting this, but I can’t imagine I am the only Californian who just received a rate increase from Kaiser based on these new laws.
UPDATE: Updated the title per some requests. I appreciate all the helpful comments. I am now on baby duty but will go through these later for more information. I can’t keep up with all the comments right now.
I really do appreciate the helpful comments. Peace all. Peace out.
Did you hear that, everyone? ”This appears, in my experience, to not be a reform for the people.” Yeah, conservatives were right about Obamacare. You just admitted it, Tirge. By the way, here’s a little more of what you missed concerning this disastrous law.
- Thousands of doctors were fired from United HealthCare
- Allentown mother forced to choose between ObamaCare and feeding family
- UPS won’t insure spouses of many employees
- Obamacare Will Increase Health Spending By $7,450 For A Typical Family of Four
- Yet Another White House Obamacare Delay: Out-Of-Pocket Caps Waived Until 2015
- Double Down: Obamacare Will Increase Avg. Individual-Market Insurance Premiums By 99% For Men, 62% For Women (War on women?)
- ObamaCare Employer Mandate: A List Of Cuts To Work Hours, Jobs
- Exchanges may have high out-of-pocket costs
- VA: 6 deaths linked to delays in screenings at South Carolina hospital, says delays resolved
- ObamaCare and the Part-Time Economy
H/T Lachlan Markay