The PJ Tatler

Matt Vespa

October 15, 2013 - 3:24 pm

So, it seems that “Tirge Caps” at Daily Kos isn’t happy that Obamacare will increase his family’s health care premiums.  He blogged about it, and it’s quite an entertaining freak out.

My wife and I just got our updates from Kaiser telling us what our 2014 rates will be. Her monthly has been $168 this year, mine $150. We have a high deductible. We are generally healthy people who don’t go to the doctor often. I barely ever go. The insurance is in case of a major catastrophe.

Well, now, because of Obamacare, my wife’s rate is gong to $302 per month and mine is jumping to $284.

I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any fucking penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this?

Oh, ok, if we qualify, we can get some government assistance. Great. So now I have to jump through another hoop to just chisel some of this off. And we don’t qualify, anyway, so what’s the point?

I never felt too good about how this was passed and what it entailed, but I figured if it saved Americans money, I could go along with it.

I don’t know what to think now. This appears, in my experience, to not be a reform for the people.

What am I missing?

I realize I will probably get screamed at for posting this, but I can’t imagine I am the only Californian who just received a rate increase from Kaiser based on these new laws.

UPDATE: Updated the title per some requests. I appreciate all the helpful comments. I am   now on baby duty but will go through these later for more information. I can’t keep up with all the comments right now.

I really do appreciate the helpful comments. Peace all. Peace out.

Did you hear that, everyone?  ”This appears, in my experience, to not be a reform for the people.”  Yeah, conservatives were right about Obamacare.  You just admitted it, Tirge.  By the way, here’s a little more of what you missed concerning this disastrous law.

YouTube Preview Image

H/T Lachlan Markay

Matt Vespa is a web editor at Townhall.com and occasional writer for Hot Air, RedState, and Townhall Magazine.

It's hard to believe that ANYONE, even a clueless Liberal, really bought the story that inviting the Federal government into the health care industry was actually going to DECREASE health care costs. I just can't imagine a person that stupid.
So Dude - you got screwed by your hero? Welcome to the club - one that is large and growing by the day. Of course by the time you LIV's figure out how badly you/we/them and us have been screwed and fooled it'll be too late and the doors of freedom will have slammed shut in your face. Now you know what Barry meant by his "fundamentally changing America" banter.

Welcome to the 'club'.

Reality is such a b*tch!

This has got to be THE STORY that the media whores are trying to keep a lid on...if this one example is the new status quo, then the media will be blamed for keeping it hidden. Hopefully, the snowball juuuuust started rolling down the mountain ;)

Remember BENGHAZI!
We were told the old system of providing health insurance was bad because it relied on being purchased by one's employer using pre-tax dollars.

Well, ACA fixed this flaw, but good. Now everybody gets to purchase health insurance using after-tax dollars. ACA is nothing more than a massive transfer of wealth from the bank accounts of working families to the insurance companies or the government. The deductibles are so high, even for the least expensive plans, that not only will a typical family have the privilege of paying for health insurance, they'll also get to pay their doctors and pharmacists cash on the barrel head until the high deductibles are met. Talk about double dipping. If ever there was a time for a general strike in this country, the ACA should be it.
I dedicate "The Wall" by Pink Floyd to all you stupid democrats.
This is a perfect example of the apathetic mental midgets out there who caused the problem with their votes and now want to complain. Screw him and I'm looking forward to his future posts about how his penalty was STOLEN by the IRS.

Welcome to the 'club'.

Reality is such a b*tch!

Remember BENGHAZI!
Here's the devil's knot: the ones who were all hot to sign up are the very liberals who are now suffering sticker shock and keyboard kraziness. How do you bury that story?

Heh, if the Tea Partiers had been shafted en masse it wouldn't have made a ripple. But the liberals have been hoisted by their own noisy expectations.
"Heh, if the Tea Partiers had been shafted en masse it wouldn't have made a ripple"

You mean, like, if the IRS had gone after them? Well, just a couple of rogue agents, really....
Good point....I should have said that it is another story the msm will not report such as Benghazi, Fast & Furious, etc....I've been up all night cramming for a biology midterm, sorry.
Any "professional blogger" that uses adjectives such as "barely even" and must resort to filthy language to make his or her point has little credibility, in my opinion.

Just the sort of demographic the left has been courting for years. Churchill was right (as usual): people tend to get the government they deserve.
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H. L. Mencken
lofo

but really it's not entirely the lofo's fault, it IS the MSM's fault for supporting all the LIES of POTUS and the maroons in the democratic congressional delegations. a reasonable person could be mislead. how many citizens realize the MSM is nothing but a pack of lies anymore?
So you actually believed adding UNHEALTHY people & 30 million uninsured to a health care system would actually DECREASE your insurance premiums? Welcome to reality!!
Reality is the best deTirgent.
1 2 Next View All