Kids, don’t try this at home:
Police Monday investigated an instructor at a rural South Korean boarding facility who bit a hamster to death and swallowed it in front of children.
The instructor, surnamed Yu, 44, said he did so because he was “afraid of rats.”
The incident happened on May 11 at a boarding facility in Jeongeup, North Jeolla Province.
After finding out that some children were teasing hamsters, Yu bit one to death and swallowed it to teach them “how dear life is,” according to police.
Seven children saw him eat the animal.
In North Korea, they’re lucky to eat hamsters.