“The Time For Talk Is Over" -- We Should Be So Lucky!
“The time for talk is over" -- President Obama in Copenhagen today.
We should be so lucky:
- Obama blasts critics of stimulus: 'Time for talk is over' -- L.A. Times, February 5, 2009.
- "The time for talk is over" -- Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) The Hill, 11/16/09.
- "If you feel, as I do, that the time for talk is over and it is time for action, then join me to send a message to the politicians in Congress by voting in a representative that will truly represent your conservative interests." -- Jim Fish, Republican for U.S. Congress, District 28, December 14, 2009.
- "The time for talk is over." -- Ed Schultz, MSNBC talker, September 18, 2009.
- “It’s time for UE members to send a clear message to Congress and the White House - the time for talk is over, and we want to see some results." -- United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America's Political Action Update Website,October 12, 2009.
- "We believe that the time for talk is over and the time for action is now. We know what needs to be done and we’re going to do it." -- Ewart Brown, premier of Bermuda, December 8th, 2009.
- "Time for talk with Iran may be over" -- The L.A. Times, September 26, 2009.
- "Darfur: the time for talk is over -- Birgitta Ohlsson, foreign affairs spokesperson for Sweden's Liberal Party, calls for less talk, more action on Darfur."
- "Radical measures are called for. The time for talk is over." -- Justin Raimondo, Antiwar.com, January 06, 2007.
- "The Time for Talk Is Over" -- The Washington Post on the 2005 Super Bowl.
- "The time for talk is over" -- The New York Times on DeMaurice Smith, executive director of the National Football League Players Association.
Someone at Askville.Amazon.com asks the 64 trillion dollar question: "Why does the President consistently say 'The time for talk is over' when people disagree with him?"
Good question. Perhaps the time to stop its overuse is now.
Update: "Obama never tells us when it's time to talk; he only tells us when that time is over. That's sneaky." -- Frank J. Fleming.
Related: Close enough for government work: "The time for talk is through." -- Obama on Obamacare, July 20th, 2009.