It’s the fifth of May, or “Cinco De Mayo!” Mexicans and Americans celebrate this holiday every year to commemorate the Battle of Puebla, where the Mexicans defeated the French in 1862. The history provides an excellent excuse to have a fiesta.
Here are PJ Media’s 15 drinks and desserts — ok, there are a few dinner dishes in there as well — for your Mexican parties tonight. Most have recipes included. Enjoy!
1. Coconut Mojito
Check out this new twist on a classic favorite.
2. Margarita Bars — Yum!
3. Baked Taco Pie
It’s like Mexican lasagna!
Next Page: Homemade churros, sopapilla cheesecake!
4. Here’s Your Recipe for Homemade Churros!
5. Sopapilla cheesecake? Sign me up.
6. A Frosty Mexican Bulldog Margarita
Beer, tequila, lime juice — what’s not to like?
Next Page: Tequila lime shrimp.
7. Get your tequila lime shrimp here.
8. You can’t forget the Mexican street corn!
9. It’s a taco — in a plastic cup.
Next Page: Cheesecake dessert tacos and chocolate churros…mmmm.
10. Danger! Danger! Cheesecake Dessert Tacos!
11. Chocolate Churros?! Mmmm
12. Here’s Your Cilantro Margarita!
Next Page: Homemade horchata, Mexican chocolate shots!
13. Homemade horchata — slow, but worth the wait.
14. Did I hear you say…Mexican chocolate shots?
15. Queso Fundito, with chorizo!