VodkaPundit

Remain Calm and Continue Dancing

March 15th, 2014 - 7:21 am

DANCING FOOLS

So if you ever wanted to get to the bottom of what’s wrong with kids these days, now you know.

I remember my prom. Eight of us (male and female) got dressed up and had parents take photos, then we proceeded to hit the town while completely ignoring the dance. We started by going to places that had actual alcohol and then ended up building a bonfire in an abandoned lot.

From everything I heard about the prom later, my group had a much better time.
Only ever went to one highschool dance, which I was asked to leave. Blasting around in the hills in something fast with no top, accompanied by a young lass who shared my sensibilities, turned out to be a much more rewarding experience.
I think the author's over-heavy on the texting. Granted that's probably what kids are doing in lieu of "Going to dances decked out in fancy dresses and body glitter," but there's also such a thing as changing times. Maybe they'd rather do ANYTHING than gather "in clusters on the squeaky gym floors" and attend events with names like "the Freshman Dinner Dance" and "the Winter Ball."
What's wrong with them or what's right with them? Is it the individuality that offends?
I do hope you're being facetious.

Giving up the potential for a magical evening of youthful romance in exchange for yet another night at home alone, tapping on a glowing rectangle? That's an expression of individuality?

That's an expression of the imagining of Moss' daughter. Geoff Nelson said something quite contrary.

You needed government oversight for magical evenings of youthful romance?

One Trackback to “Remain Calm and Continue Dancing”