The PJ Tatler

Rick Moran

August 11, 2013 - 1:48 pm

Disclaimer: The following story will anger you. If you are on blood pressure medication, take a pill. If you’re prone to angina attacks, have your nitro ready. If you’re suicidal, remove all sharp objects within reach. Have tissues ready to wipe the spittle off your monitor. PJ Media is not responsible for any untoward consequences that arise from reading this story.

Those of us who work for a living, play by the rules, and take personal responsibility for our lives, are becoming chumps in Obama’s America.

Fox News recently reported on the sharp rise of participants in the SNAP program — the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — and in the process, found what you might refer to as “The New Face of Food Stamps.”

Daily Caller:

That new face is a pina colada-sipping, lobster-loving lothario named Jason Greenslate.

Greenslate, a 29-year-old La Jolla California surfer and musician who sings that he does not want a “motherf**king job” and has “f**K no” guilt about living on $200 of what he calls “free money ” — or what the government called Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Benefits — while he avoids a job to hang out on the beach, sing and chase women.

Sounds strenuous. Especially the chasing women part. What does Jason do all day?

“Wake up, go down to the beach, hang out with my friends, hit on some chicks, start drinking,” Greenslate said, describing his day to Fox News’ John Roberts in an interview for the channel’s “The Great Food Stamp Binge” hosted by Bret Baier.

“I surf everyday. It’s wonderful, man. Just get away from everything, clear your head. Get out with the boys. Have a good time.” Greenslate said.

Roberts reports that Greenslate has no fixed address, instead choosing the life of a beach bum staying with family, friends and girlfriends, living off them and $200 a month in benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, which he uses to buy gourmet items at the grocery store.

“I don’t got a paycheck coming in so I qualify,” Greenslate told Roberts.

Get away from everything? He doesn’t have a job, no relationship, and no permanent address. What is it exactly he’s got to get away from?

Fox News’ cameras joined Greenslate on one of his grocery shopping expeditions. With his Electronic Benefit Transfer card (EBT), the vehicle for food stamp benefits, Greenslate purchases sushi, lobster and coconut water.

“All paid for by our wonderful tax dollars,” he said with a smirk, leaving the store with his purchases.

“I’ll usually get sushi, but make it my own way, they didn’t have any good fish, so I just got the premade stuff,” he told Roberts after the grocery store visit, explaining his typical food buy.

Greenslate and his friends grilled the lobster along with chichken and hot dogs and shared the meat.

Greenslate has no intention of getting a job.

“That’s not the direction I’m going right now,” he said to Roberts, explaining his ambition is to be a rock star.

“It’s going great,” Greenslate said about his state of unemployment. “Yeah, it’s going really well.”

“This is the way I live and I don’t see anything changing,” he said, adding that he does not see anything wrong with his lifestyle on food stamps. “Why would it be bad in any way? It’s free food. It’s awesome.”

This is one, clueless Lothario. But how much blame can we place on the slim shoulders of this beach bum? I don’t know if he has a clue where these benefits are coming from. He keeps referring to it being “free” as if he doesn’t know that other people’s tax dollars are supporting him.

AEI scholar Charles Murray told Fox News “Jason [Greenslate] has cousins in every town in America.” Time to throw some cold water on Americans like Jason Greenslate and put them to work.

Here’s a video of the Fox News story:

YouTube Preview Image

Rick Moran is PJ Media's Chicago editor and Blog editor at The American Thinker. He is also host of the"RINO Hour of Power" on Blog Talk Radio. His own blog is Right Wing Nut House.

I hate to break it to you, but I graduated from HS in 1972, and classmates and acquaintances of mine have been living this Free Government Cheese lifestyle for decades. Mind you, it's more prevalent and even promoted by the democrats now, but the ground work was laid early on in Lyndon Johnson's Great Society. They studied it, found out that it would work on those without a moral foundation and now they have launched it on a mass scale.

I recently Googled and found an old classmate and a guy I once considered to be a friend. He's the same age as me and has never worked a day in his life. He simply games the system.

Let me impart one other piece of anecdotal evidence that proves that those of us who work are, if fact, chumps.

Well, not really. I own a mirror and I can look into it without guilt.

My wife was in the market the other day. You see, there are no food stamps anymore, there are EBT cards, like ATM cards. She was behind some girls in line who wanted to buy something and apparently the store's Point of Sale system said it wasn't eligible for purchase, which the store manager overrode.

Nevermind that. Get this.

As part of that approval process, the balance on the EBT card came up and was visible to Mrs. Saddleburr.

It was well over $1500.

Don't tell me there are hungry in this nation and don't tell me there votes aren't being purchased, the funding coming from you and me.

It's fraud. Buying votes. It's corruption used to perpetuate more fraud.
When election time comes who do you think Jason is going to vote for: The party promising him even more free stuff or the party promising to take away his free stuff?
Charles Murray is correct, there are kids like that all over America. The ones who eventually gave up looking for work, and the ones who never tried. And Obama is the guy who created the conditions that encourage their lifestyle. What better way to "fundamentally" change America than create a class of government-dependent kids who have no skills, no work ethic, and no ambition. Anyone who mortgages their future with a student loan, is a sucker because an education is unnecessary, indeed useless, in an economy that can't create full-time employment for everyone who wants a job.

America is rotting from the inside thanks to Obama's policies. It won't be long before the empty shell collapses.
Public school education results:2/10/2011 USC Rossier online study - 12 countries studied.
I. USA spends $7,743 per US child (no other country spends as much)
II. Years in school (to graduate) USA is Fifth with children quitting at ages 16
a 46% quit ratio
III. Math Test scores - USA is 10th (out of 12) with 474 out of 600
IV. Science test Scores - USA is 9th (out of 12) with 489 out of 600)
Conclusion: since the 1950's USA education (with the world's largest per capita spending)has steadily been on a downward path to mediocrity.
Overall, of 195 countries studied, USA is 25th overall.
So much for NEA, Common Core, "social engineering" and lack of competitiveness in the work force...USA or in the world. Pray. Amen. In other words, a view towards America's future, portends fully indoctrinated 19 to 34 year-olds willfully voting their individuality away for some undefined "collective!"
And we fail to ask ourselves where young people are learning to become government dependent....

Quite simply - in our public schools which encourage enrollment in free lunch and breakfast programs, free pre-K programs, free after school programs, and so forth. Once you condition people to stand in line for free things, all they know is standing in line for free things.
The Malibu Surfer Problem was always far too literally true....
Reminiscent of the Judge Judy episode in which a guy was getting a govt rent subsidy (purportedly to attend school) while living rent-free with his girlfriend, whereupon Judge Judy wanted to know why, and he responded "Because I'm me!" Judge Judy, correctly, became incredulous and stated she would be sending the video to Congress.

These Jeff Spicoli-impersonating frauds are rampant. Obama signed the law which eliminated restrictions on food stamps that were put in place during the Clinton administration (by the then-Republican Congress, I might add) thus adding billions to the fraud, resulting in taxpayers being robbed to pay for it all.

And btw, the Fox story showed Greenslate driving a GM Avalanche-type SUV. Any woman that hooks up with this parasitic dreg of society should have her head examined, and I'm sure Obamacare will cover it.

Well, not really. I own a mirror and I can look into it without guilt.

Nevermind that. Get this.

It was well over $1500.

It's fraud. Buying votes. It's corruption used to perpetuate more fraud.
Obama said JASON could of been my son had Trayvon been killed in drug deal shot down by Whitie