The PJ Tatler

Terror Threat Got You Teed Off? Obama Leaves al-Qaeda Worries to the Staff

Obama hits the golf course while leaving a major meeting on the major threat to Susan Rice. UPDATE: State Dept. reopening in safe places like Afghanistan, Iraq

Bridget Johnson

August 4, 2013 - 11:08 am

Key figures in the Obama administration met on the current al-Qaeda threat on Saturday while the president conducted an intensive golf fiesta at Andrews Air Force Base.

President Obama set off for the golf course at about 8 a.m., hoping to squeeze in as much play as possible before a scheduled departure to Camp David at 2:30 p.m.

Three all-male teams hit the golf course to mark the day before Obama’s 52nd birthday, including regulars Reggie Love and Marvin Nicholson, White House chef Sam Kass and college friend Wahid Hamid.

“Before departing this morning, the president was updated on a potential threat occurring in or emanating from the Arabian Peninsula by Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Lisa Monaco. He will continue to be updated through the weekend,” a White House official told the press pool as they waited at the golf course food court.

After more than seven hours at play, Obama and some of his golf mates took Marine One from Andrews to Camp David for an overnight birthday party. Those who didn’t take the helicopter met up with the president via a van convoy up to the mountain retreat.

Hamid, Love, Kass and Laurent Delanney, another college friend, won the Obama Open, and thus got to ride in Marine One.

That evening the White House released a readout of administration officials who met Saturday on the elevated terror threat that resulted in a global travel alert and the temporary closure of some embassies in the Middle East.

“Early this week, the President instructed his National Security team to take all appropriate steps to protect the American people in light of a potential threat occurring in or emanating from the Arabian Peninsula. Given the nature of the potential threat, throughout the week, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Lisa Monaco has held regular meetings with relevant members of the interagency to ensure the U.S. Government is taking those appropriate steps,” the White House said.

Obama left it to National Security Adviser Susan Rice to chair the meeting “to further review the situation and follow-up actions.”

They trot out phony terrorist threats to divert attentions from the "phony" scandals.
I agree with rjhfl; I don't believe anything they say anymore - anything. If they did have intelligence this solid, it was somewhere between stupid and outright criminal to blab about it the way they have. I'm much more inclined to believe that they just made the whole damned thing up to make it look like they're doing something other than the Brotherhood and Iran's bidding in the MENA.

This things are like whistling to keep the elephants away. No elephants show up? Musta' been the whistling that kept them away.
obama and his gang have cried "wolf" too many times. I am sorry to say that I have zero faith in our government any more, and I do not believe a word that anyone in any agency says. As far as I am concerned this is more likely an attempt to distract and to bolster the intelligence community than it is about a real threat. I never used to think this way...thanks, barry.
I am a mid-level manager for a small non-profit and I have far, far less free time than the leader of the world's premier power. Perhaps this is just as well, as I see no indication that Barack Obama could successfully carry out my daily duties, much less his own. It might be safer for us all when he is on the links than when he is guiding the destiny of the Free World. God help us all.
I never really worried about the friends I have that are still in the military until the Benghazi incident. I don't believe for a minute that if they were in trouble, like a Benghazi style incident, that they would have any chance of survival or rescue with the current administration in charge.
This administration has ABSOLUTELY ZERO trust from me and my family. So many lies from this administration lead me to conclude, like others, this entire thing is just a way to distract attention from the real scandals. And of course this justifies the illegal wire-tapping this government engages in.
Must not be too serious. The National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS) has not been updated.

Jul 23, 2008 Nudge: Cass Sunstein on Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth and Happiness

President Golfpants punts again. What a worthless executive and poor excuse for a man.
Obama's in hiding because of this Egyptian poular video:
There is much golf and nookie to be attended to, and this is 'par' for his course - http://adinakutnicki.com/2013/02/21/the-continued-adventures-of-the-down-low-potus-his-previous-body-double-reggie-love-commentary-by-adina-kutnicki/

A guy's gotta do what he got to do, even if Al Qaeda (the threat which he already defeated...or so he opined...as well as helped to arm during Benghazigate via his weapons smuggling operation, but no matter) is knocking at the door!

Adina Kutnicki, Israel http://adinakutnicki.com/about/

The entire picture is, or should be, unbelievable, but it fits together. I linked to one of your earlier blogs where Chris Wallace asked the assistant, Pfeiffer, over and over, where the President was during the critical hours in Benghazi. Pfeiffer never answered..
I think Obama IS the terror attack on America. We can outlast al-kayda, but can we outlast the terrible impact his policies are having in regards to our health care and defense?
Well, I feel safer with Obama on the Golf course than in the Command Center. My hope is that Biden is standing by with his double-barrel shotgun to scare the crap out of any would-be terrorists. The thought of Biden with a shotgun sure scares the crap out of me!
I think you're right about the world being a safer place with him on the golf course rather than making decisions that affect our safety.

I'm reminded of a time 30 odd years ago when my motorcycle needed some serious attention. I couldn't afford repairs by a professional mechanic but thought I might be able to do the work by myself, with help from two friends who were much better than I was at this type of repair. I spoke to my friends and they were up for helping me on two conditions: I had to give them a case of beer and I had to stay away while I did all the work. They knew that I had only a vague idea of what I was doing and would be full of doubt and worries about everything and that things would go a lot better if I wasn't there.

I think Obama is much the same except that his decisions could affect the entire world. I just hope the people making the decisions are a heck of a lot more competent than he is!
Thanks for the laugh!