12-11-2018 07:40:58 AM -0800
12-10-2018 12:10:24 PM -0800
12-10-2018 11:31:54 AM -0800
12-10-2018 09:21:45 AM -0800
12-10-2018 06:32:53 AM -0800
It looks like you've previously blocked notifications. If you'd like to receive them, please update your browser permissions.
Desktop Notifications are  | 
Get instant alerts on your desktop.
Turn on desktop notifications?
Remind me later.
PJ Media encourages you to read our updated PRIVACY POLICY and COOKIE POLICY.

Stretch, grab a late afternoon cup of caffeine and get caught up on the most important news of the day with our Coffee Break newsletter. These are the stories that will fill you in on the world that's spinning outside of your office window - at the moment that you get a chance to take a breath.
Sign up now to save time and stay informed!

Third Night of Violent Protests: St. Louis County Police Officers Get Sprayed with Unknown Chemical

Rioters run away from St. Louis police

Several St. Louis County police officers had to be decontaminated by St. Louis Fire Dept. emergency responders on Sunday night after they were sprayed with an unknown chemical substance.

St. Louis County police confiscated some bottles of "unknown chemicals" that were used against the police. One of the bottles was marked apple cider, which experienced agitators apparently use to neutralize the effects of tear gas.

Police also confiscated the extensive weapons cache in the tweet below from only one suspect:

There was one rather conspicuous Anonymous fan in the crowd on Sunday night:

(AP Photo/Jeff Roberson)

For the third night in a row, a peaceful protest turned violent at nightfall, after the protest was officially over, resulting in property damage and over 80 arrests by the end of the night.

Activists took to the streets this weekend to protest the controversial acquittal of white former St. Louis police officer Jason Stockley, who was facing first-degree murder charges for killing a black heroin dealer named Anthony Smith in 2011.

Via Fox 2:

On Friday, a judge ruled Stockley, a former St. Louis police officer, was “not guilty” of first-degree murder in the shooting death of a motorist following a high-speed chase in 2011. Stockley could have been sentenced to up to life in prison without parole had he been convicted.

Stockley shot 24-year-old Anthony Lamar Smith five times after a high-speed chase. Stockley says he saw Smith holding a gun before the chase began, and that he felt he was in imminent danger when he opened fire.

Via the St. Louis Post Dispatch, about 1,000 protesters gathered outside the St. Louis Police Department in Downtown West Sunday and marched into Midtown on Sunday. St. Louis police arrested at least seven people after an unruly mob broke windows, tipped over planters, and damaged property.

The protests started peacefully but by 8 p.m., a small group had marched downtown, breaking several windows in the Marriott hotel on Washington Avenue and at other nearby businesses, including at Olive and 10th streets. A sushi restaurant, a nail salon and an optician's shop were among those hit. Concrete planters were knocked over and trash cans tossed into the street.