05-14-2019 01:57:15 PM -0400
05-09-2019 05:01:30 PM -0400
05-09-2019 01:41:48 PM -0400
04-18-2019 10:46:35 AM -0400
04-18-2019 10:18:40 AM -0400
It looks like you've previously blocked notifications. If you'd like to receive them, please update your browser permissions.
Desktop Notifications are  | 
Get instant alerts on your desktop.
Turn on desktop notifications?
Remind me later.


Kim Dotcom: 'I Knew Seth Rich. I Know He Was the Wikileaks Source'

Infamous internet entrepreneur/hacker Kim Dotcom has offered to give the United States Congress "written testimony with evidence that Seth Rich was Wikileaks source" -- if Congress agrees to include the Seth Rich case in their Russia probe.

Seth Rich is the Democratic National Committee staffer who was gunned down in Northwest D.C. near his home last July. Police have called it a "botched robbery," but -- curiously -- nothing was stolen from him, including "his wallet, cell phone, keys, watch or necklace worth about $2,000."

On July 22, just twelve days after Rich was murdered, WikiLeaks published emails that prompted the resignation of Debbie Wasserman Schultz from her role as DNC chairperson on the eve of the Democratic National Convention. WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has insisted all along that the DNC emails were not hacked by the Russians, and he has implied that Rich was indeed the source of the emails. On August 9, WikiLeaks offered a $20,000 reward for information on the murdered DNC staffer.

The founder of Megaupload.com and Mega.co.nz on Saturday claimed that he knows Seth Rich was the source of the DNC email leaks because he himself was involved.

Dotcom said that he would be meeting with his legal team on Monday and would issue a statement on the matter on Tuesday.

Fox News host Sean Hannity expressed interest in having Kim Dotcom on his Fox News radio and television shows this week.

Dotcom also pointed to a reddit thread where users claim to have discovered the social media accounts and email addresses of Seth Rich.

In December of 2014, Dotcom announced on Twitter that he would be "Hillary's worst nightmare in 2016!"

When asked about that statement in an interview with Bloomberg.com in May of 2015, he suggested that he had insider information about leaks.

“I have to say it’s probably more Julian,” who threatens Hillary, Dotcom said. “But I’m aware of some of the things that are going to be roadblocks for her.”

Assange has access to information, Dotcom said, though he added that he didn't know anything more specific.

Left unexplained is why Dotcom waited until now to speak out about the Seth Rich case -- instead of before the 2016 election when it would have made a bigger difference.

PJ Media reached out to Dotcom for comment, but he did  not get back in time for publication.

The Rich family has strongly refuted all reports that allege the 27-year-old DNC staffer leaked the emails.

"As we've seen through the past year of unsubstantiated claims, we see no facts, we have seen no evidence, we have been approached with no emails and only learned about this when contacted by the press," the family said in a statement released Tuesday afternoon. "Even if tomorrow, an email was found, it is not a high enough bar of evidence to prove any interactions as emails can be altered and we've seen that those interested in pushing conspiracies will stop at nothing to do so."

A former law enforcement officer with knowledge of the investigation into the mysterious death said Rich's laptop had yielded no emails related to WikiLeaks.

"We are a family who is committed to facts, not fake evidence that surfaces every few months to fill the void and distract law enforcement and the general public from finding Seth's murderers," the family's statement continued. "The services of the private investigator who spoke to the press was offered to the Rich family and paid for by a third party, and contractually was barred from speaking to press or anyone outside of law enforcement or the family unless explicitly authorized by the family."

The Megaupload founder is facing charges in the United States of copyright infringement and is fighting the charges.

In December of 2015, a New Zealand District Court judge announced that Dotcom and the three other Megaupload co-founders were eligible for extradition.

An appeal was immediately lodged by Dotcom's lawyer.

In February 2017 the New Zealand High Court rejected an earlier appeal and endorsed the extradition to the U.S.