Gee — only 12? You would think an Obamabot like Matthew Lynch (“Ed.D.”), a clueless git writing at Huffpo, could have come up with at least a half dozen more reasons why President Obama is one of the best presidents in the history of…history.
I will give you a sampling of each reason — no sense spoiling your appetite.
1. He is for The People. Say what you will about Barack Obama, but unlike the many presidents who preceded him, he cares about what is best for the greater good.
I will probably mention this more than once. This is a guy with a doctorate degree. Why does he think like a sophomore in high school?
2. He is for civil rights. He has consistently spoken on behalf of the disenfranchised, the underdog and the most controversial members of society — despite the fact that it was politically unpopular to do so at the time.
It has not been “politically unpopular” to speak about civil rights for about 30 years. But don’t stop him. He’s on a roll.
3. He is for one race — the human race. In just a few short years, Obama’s professional achievements and continued demonstration of equality and integrity have done wonders for race relations.
I almost stopped reading at this point. But I was compelled to continue — much for the same reason I watch NASCAR: I am intensely curious about what cars are going to spin out in turn 3.
4. He is for a healthcare system that brings hope and healing to the hurting.
OK — we get it. He’s a great guy. Now, about that “healthcare system”…
5. He is for the middle class. Here are just a few of the comments made by President Barack Obama in recent months: “Rebuilding our economy starts with strengthening the middle class. Extending tax breaks on 98 percent of families now would give hardworking Americans the security and confidence they need.”
Yes, he talks a good game. No doubt he has made thousands of comments complimentary of and dripping with concern for the middle class. Too bad his policies haven’t done anything to help them.
6. He is for women’s rights. Obama’s very first executive action as President was to sign the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, a bill specifically designed to annihilate wage discrimination barriers for women.
Well, at least some womens’ rights. And don’t you love our good doctor of education’s vocabulary? “Annihilate” wage discrimination barriers? Like I said, my 15-year-old cousin could write rings around this jamoke.
7. He is for doing away with pomp and circumstance. Let’s be real — Obama is one cool cat.
Unless you consider mutli-gazillion dollar vacations on Martha’s Vineyard as doing away with pomp and circumstance — shut up.
8. He is for the environment. President Barack Obama has taken a forward thinking approach to creating a red, white, blue and green America. His policies and initiatives for a clean energy economy have had an incredible impact on the future of the nation.
The “green” does not represent what he thinks it does. The green is a metaphorical color for his campaign contributors and other cronies who get low-interest loans at taxpayer expense.
9. He is for veterans. Obama has consistently promoted the allocation of funds, increased benefits, job opportunities and extended resources for our nation’s veterans. Although Obama never served in the U.S. Armed Forces, he has always been a responsible and thoughtful commander-in-chief. Unlike his predecessor — G.W. Bush — he has always been conscious of the fact that troops serving in combat zones are sons, daughters, mothers and fathers. He has never lost sight of the commitment, dedication and sacrifice made by the brave men and women who volunteer for military service and he has been adamant about rewarding them accordingly.
I reproduced the entire comment because it’s hard to believe an adult American could be so densely naive and stupid. Bush didn’t care? Obama does? When besotted with partisanship and blinded by ideology, it’s easy to demonize the opposition as evil, uncaring louts. Just peruse comments on these pages for examples of similar idiocy on the right. And perhaps Mr. Lynch might want to ask the 800,000 or so veterans who wait more than a year for a disability determination from the president’s VA about how much he cares. I doubt very much whether many of them would agree that Obama is a “responsible and thoughtful” commander in chief.
10. He is for peace. Let us never forget that Barack Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 — one of the greatest accomplishments any man or woman could hope to achieve in a lifetime.
For a guy who unilaterally took the U.S. to war in Libya, conducts special forces ops in Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, and other countries, and needed Vladimir Putin to save his ass from attacking Syria, he certainly hasn’t done much to earn that peace prize lately, has he? Oh — and don’t forget this president has broken up more wedding parties with drone strikes than any other president in history.
11. He is for education. Obama has always been an advocate for education, making it a top priority during his administration.
Like no other president has, right? Sheesh.
12. He is for entertaining the masses. If we have to listen to a president yakitty-yak about this or that for another four years, we might as well pick one with charisma and charm. If you can’t find anything else appealing about Obama, you can’t deny the fact that the guy is an amazing speaker with wit, fantastic comedic timing and an incredible intellect. In fact, I will go so far as to say that when the man does finally retire from politics, he has a rewarding and lucrative job as a stand up comic awaiting him if he so chooses.
Actually, I think he’s a hoot now — unintentionally, of course. Looking the camera in the eye and saying you can keep your insurance if you like it (period), while knowing full well such is not the case is right up there with Abbott and Costello’s “Who’s on First” sketch as far as world-class comedy.
Yes, and all that “yakity yak” about war, and peace, and jobs, and health care — stuff that no one really cares about and are bored silly when other president talk about them — it’s so much more entertaining to watch Obama spout inanities about “hope and change” than talk about anything real. Well, the real world is closing in around our president and even some liberals are seeing him for the charlatan he has always been.
When someone with Mr. Lynch’s deficient intellect praises President Obama for having an “incredible intellect,” we begin to understand why this president can get away with so much and not be blamed for a moribund economy, a lousy job market, wild deficit spending, unconcern about a crushing national debt, and America’s remarkable retreat from the world stage. When the qualities of his rabid supporters are put on such public display, we can only shake our heads in wonder and fear for the future of the republic that a guy with a doctorate in education who holds such a myopic and ideologically skewed opinion of the president has anything at all to do with educating our youth.