Roger L. Simon

"Bothered by Spanish?"

We have all seen weird polls in our lives, but this new one purporting to tell us that people are annoyed with the Spanish language is a real eye roller. Better tell Cervantes… or maybe Carlos Fuentes, if you want someone among the living. I suppose this is another way to get at the immigration issue, but all it tells us is the obvious – that most people, 59% anyway, favor immigration when it’s legal. [What happened to the other 41%? How’d their families get here?-ed. Teleportation from the future.]