A Black Lives Matter organizer has decided that white folks could use a list of things to do to prove they’re not racist.
In addition to being yet more free advertising for Trump 2020, the majority of the recommendations fall under “give away your stuff” or “get white people fired”:
Some things I’m thinking about that should change (in that Southern, black grandmama voice):
1. White people, if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty.
2. White people, if you’re inheriting property you intend to sell upon acceptance, give it to a black or brown family. You’re bound to make that money in some other white privileged way.
3. If you are a developer or realty owner of multi-family housing, build a sustainable complex in a black or brown blighted neighborhood and let black and brown people live in it for free.
7. White people, especially white women (because this is yaw specialty — Nosey Jenny and Meddling Kathy), get a racist fired. Yaw know what the fuck they be saying. You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they racist too.
8. Backing up No. 7, this should be easy but all those sheetless Klan, Nazi’s and Other lil’ d**k-white men will all be returning to work. Get they ass fired. Call the police even: they look suspicious.
Please note that there’s nothing about education for minorities living in generational poverty, small business loans for people living in generational poverty, increased job opportunities for people living in generational poverty, or anything that would at least indicate the belief that minorities can do for themselves with a bit of help.
Nope. Just “gimme, gimme, gimme,” and plenty of bigotry.
This is why BLM must be denounced as a hate group. Well, that and the riots. When your demands are nothing but free stuff, the destruction of your enemies, and the stereotyping of all white people based on the activities of hate groups that can’t even draw 1000 people to their biggest rallies, it doesn’t exactly encourage folks to take anything you want seriously. These aren’t the demands of a mature group interested in wiping out the remnants of racism in America. They’re the ramblings of greedy children.
Handing people free stuff won’t make a real change in America’s minority communities, anyway. In fact, redistribution by force is the major cause of minorities being trapped in generational poverty. But pointing out the failure of those policies probably gets me labeled a racist.