Good Monday morning.
Here’s what is on the president’s agenda today: (The president is in the UK. He should demand Christopher Steele be handed over.)
- The president and the first Lady are introduced to the members of the royal household and British suite with Her Majesty the Queen
- The president and the first lady participate in official welcome ceremony with Her Majesty the Queen
- The president and the first lady introduce the American suite to Her Majesty the Queen
- The president and the first lady participate in a private luncheon with Her Majesty the Queen
- The president and the first lady participate in royal collection gift review with Her Majesty the Queen
- The president and the first lady lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior
- The president and the first lady participate in a photo opportunity with His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales and Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cornwall
- The president and the first lady have tea with His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales and Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cornwall
- The president and the first lady participate in a presentation of guests with Her Majesty the Queen
- The president and the first lady participate in a royal procession with Her Majesty the Queen
- The president and the first lady participate in a state banquet with Her Majesty the Queen
- The president and the first lady participate in a reception after the state banquet with Her Majesty the Queen
Adam Schiff on the Sunday spin shows: Mueller needs to testify
Why do the news shows continue to invite Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), who is a known fabulist, to appear on their networks? One would think that after getting burned on not delivering on promised information, actual journalists would be done and deem such a quack as unreliable. This is not the case because Schiff is a propagandist and the “news” shows are really commercials for the #resistance.
Schiff was on a Sunday political snuff show yapping about how Special Counsel Robert Mueller needs to testify before Congress. Now we know better and Schiff et al. do not want Mueller to testify because he will be asked questions they do not want answered in public. (Mueller does not want to go under oath either.) The most obvious way we know that the Democrats do not really want Mueller to testify is that they didn’t immediately issue a subpoena, squawk angrily all over the media about how they will not be ignored and they didn’t threaten to give him the Don McGahn, $50k a day fine for refusing to appear. So no, they are not seriously trying to get Mueller to testify.
Schiff, who is a card-carrying member of a political street gang championing a conspiracy theory that President Trump is a RUSSIAN asset taking orders from Putin, wants you to know that the GOP is swept up in a Trump cult of personality.
“In terms of the impeachment process, it’s not mandated by the Constitution,” Schiff said. “We can avail ourselves of this when the president demonstrates acts that are high crimes or misdemeanors. It is certainly true, I think, that much of his conduct qualifies for that, but at the same time, we have to recognize the reality that one party, the Republican Party, has turned itself into a cult of the president’s personality and is not likely to act consistent with its constitutional obligations.”
He wasn’t charged with any crimes, Adam, but go right ahead.
Touchy Uncle Joe was MIA from the Dem’s California freak convention
This weekend the California state Democrats held their convention and Uncle Joe took a hard pass.
The tensions between former Vice President Joe Biden and liberal progressives were on full display this weekend in California, where most of the Democratic Party’s presidential contenders were campaigning.
Several candidates were in San Francisco for the California Democratic Party convention and a slew of other gatherings — including MoveOn.org’s Big Ideas Forum. Biden, who has sat comfortably atop the polls with a message anchored in more establishment Democratic politics, opted to stay out of the fray, skipping the convention and instead headlining the Human Rights Campaign’s annual Ohio gala.
I wonder why Joe skipped? Oh, wait I know why: “Former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper and former Maryland Rep. John Delaney were roundly booed for warning their party against going too far to the left in 2020.”
“Some Democrats in Washington believe the only changes we can get are tweaks and nudges. If they dream at all, they dream small,” Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren said in her speech at the Democratic convention.
“Some say if we all just calm down, the Republicans will come to their senses,” she said. “But our country is in a time of crisis. The time for small ideas is over.”
Good luck out there!
Daily Beast outs “Drunk Nancy Pelosi” video dude
I am SHOCKED, SHOCKED to learn that people manipulate images and videos on social media. Give me a few minutes to catch my breath after learning such outrageous information
If you don’t know that social media presents warped and biased versions of reality, I have some news for you. Some guy posted a video of Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi that was edited to make her look drunk. She’s not the sharpest speaker in real life, I watch her pressers. The Daily Beast found the guy they say is responsible. The Beast says the video was controversial, but I don’t get it. I see all sorts of twisted Trump videos on Facebook and no one is wringing their hands about how controversial those are.
So yes, Facebook was more than happy to play along: “According to the official, there were indeed six other accounts registered alongside Brooks as page administrators, but the company determined last week that all six of them were controlled by Brooks. Facebook deleted those accounts under its real-name policy, the Facebook official said.”
Terrible. I hope Facebook approves of all the things you post on their media outlet. Or else.
Shut up and sing. Taylor Swift Slams Donald Trump for Hypocrisy in LGBTQ Policies
And that’s all I’ve got, now go beat back the angry mob!