News & Politics

Mueller Claims Women Were Offered Money to Make #MeToo Allegations Against Him

Special Counsel Robert Mueller (Rex Features via AP Images)

Special Counsel Robert Mueller is claiming that some women were “offered money” to make false allegations against him and has referred the matter to the FBI, his spokesman said Tuesday.

“When we learned last week of allegations that women were offered money to make false claims about the Special Counsel, we immediately referred the matter to the FBI for investigation,” spokesman Peter Carr said in a statement to CNBC.

Jack Burkman, a little known conservative commentator with Newsmax TV, said in a tweet Tuesday that “we will reveal the first of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s sex assault victims” on Thursday.

For the past year and a half, Mueller has been leading a partisan investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election — ostensibly to find evidence of possible collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign, but in reality to look for anything he can find to damage President Trump and his team.

According to CNBC, Burkman has a habit of calling on President Donald Trump to fire Mueller, along with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

He even offered a $25,000 reward to any whistleblower who could offer concrete evidence of FBI wrongdoing in those investigations, The Washington Times reported in February.

The special counsel’s office confirmed to CNBC that it learned about the “scheme” from journalists who had been approached by a woman alleging that she had been offered $20,000 by Burkman “to make accusations of sexual misconduct and workplace harassment against Robert Mueller.”

In a video posted on Facebook Tuesday, Burkman declared that on Thursday in Arlington, Virginia, at high noon, “we will unveil the first of the sex assault victims of Robert Mueller.”

He added: “It turns out, as many of you know, Robert Mueller is a bad guy not just because of what he does inside the courtroom, but because of what he does outside of the courtroom. Robert Mueller has done bad things to a number of women.”

Burkman said the alleged victim coming out on Thursday will reveal a “very bad sexual assault.”

According to CNBC, DOJ spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores declined to comment, referring inquiries back to the special counsel. The FBI also declined to comment on Carr’s statement.

The statement from the special counsel, which rarely comments on matters related to its ongoing investigation or Mueller in particular, comes just one week before the November midterm elections. Most generic ballot polls forecast Democrats re-taking majority control of the House of Representatives.

(The House is technically a toss-up now that Republicans are within five seats of Democrats, with 32 seats ranked as toss-ups.)

Burkman garnered attention as a right-wing provocateur in 2014, when he drafted a proposal that would ban gay men from playing in the National Football League.

What is going on here? This looks like a dirty trick to me at this point, but who knows? Maybe some damning information will come out later this week.

One thing we can all be 100 percent certain about is the fact that the MSM will treat these allegations entirely differently than they treated the spurious allegations against Justice Brett Kavanaugh just a few weeks ago. After they insisted that all women should be believed, these women will not be believed and their allegations will be dismissed and/or ignored.

If nothing else, this scheme (if that’s what this is) will expose the left’s hypocrisy on #MeToo allegations. But most people won’t even hear about it.

UPDATE:

The scheme has been linked to a notorious pro-Trump Twitter personality, 20-year-old Jacob Wohl, through a fake “private intelligence firm” he runs called “Surfire Intelligence.”

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1057358181729476609

The whole thing appears to be a ridiculously incompetent attempt to beat the left by playing their own game, and it’s failing badly.