VodkaPundit

When You’re Up to Your You-Know-What in Alligators…

December 2nd, 2013 - 4:13 pm

DONT GIVE UP

I have to admit that, having just had breakfast when I saw the link, I didn’t actually read Kathleen Sebelius’s HealthCare.gov op-ed from USA Today. And thanks to intrepid blogger Charlotte Hays, I didn’t have to.

“Don’t give up,” says it all, doesn’t it? A two-month extension, most of a billion dollars, and they still haven’t come up with a working payment system for a site built to sell you stuff.

So in honor of arguably the worst government program rollout since Jimmy Carter promised to have the Consumer Protection Agency make all new clothes feel itchier, I’d like to dedicate what is arguably the worst song of my senior year of high school, to our very own Secretary of Health (cough) and Human Services (cough, cough).

Great article but can't disagree more on the song, thanks for the link!
Wow.

They built an online queuing system for a web app.

What's the one thing people won't do during an e-commerce session?

Wait. Come back later.

That's web design 101. BTW -I'll bet the haven't built different back end processes. So, calling the number just connects you to a doofus that has to use the same site that failed for you.

Bret Stephens has a great article in the WSJ today taking their comparison to Amazon apart - Obama and the 'Amazon Experience'
By Bret Stephens - Behind a paywall though. http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304854804579234053792268892
She had a good song with "Running Up That Hill", which was not the worst song of your SENIOR year.
Yeah. The song's okay, but the video is stupid boring.

Thought the album was fabulous. Still listen to it.

Don't know about worst song, but definitely the worst video--right down to the heavy-handed solar eclipse metaphor. What was the budget on that turkey? $50?