The PJ Tatler

Scott Ott

August 19, 2014 - 7:02 pm

She spoke in a soft voice, this stout black woman in the next chair.

Mother of 11, she had agreed to be interviewed for a fundraising video that I was asked to help produce, years ago, for a crisis pregnancy center. She told me she had undergone six abortions and also gave birth to five children alive–thus the total of 11. Government social workers in Philadelphia had directed her to a town in Central Pennsylvania, because, they said, it was easier to get assistance there. Social workers in that town had passed her on to my town.

I asked her if she was alone among her Philly friends in having multiple abortions.

“No,” she said, there were others.

I asked if she and her friends ever talked about the abortions. She said they did. I was trying hard to let her tell the story, and to avoid reacting, or imposing my own views on the conversation. (I’m paraphrasing here from a memory that may never leave me.)

“When you talked, what kind of things did you talk about?” I asked her.

Her face was placid, her voice, matter of fact.

“O, well, like if he was ugly,” she said.

“What do you mean?” I thought I knew, but I wanted her to say it. She said she meant what I thought she meant. They talked about whether the father of the baby was ugly. In case I was as dense as I seemed to be, she added that nobody wants to have an ugly guy’s baby.

“What else did you talk about?”

“Like, where am I gonna get the money?” At that time, she said, they needed about $200 for an abortion.

I was really fishing here, but I couldn’t get her to say what I thought was the obvious topic when it comes to abortion. I finally asked.

“Did you ever talk about whether it was right or wrong, or anything like that?”

She squinted at me like I had asked her to solve a quadratic equation, or had suddenly begun babbling in Urdu. The question made no sense to her.

“No,” she said, and I imagined she wanted to add, “How would that ever come up?”

That conversation came back to me recently when I read an op-ed in the Washington Post, headlined “Stop Calling Abortion a Difficult Decision.” The author, Janet Harris, is the former communications director for Emily’s List, a PAC that supports female pro-abortion Democratic candidates for office. No, I didn’t mean to write “pro-choice,” because it’s clear from this article that Janet Harris views abortion-on-demand as a positive, healthy alternative to a life ruined by an unwanted child. In fact, she’s trying to help her friends in the movement get away from the term “pro-choice” with its awkward moral dimension.

I agree that they should stop referring to their viewpoint as "pro-choice" and call it what it is: Pro Abortion. Or maybe, Pro-Black Genocide. Frankly, the huge numbers of black babies that have been sacrificed on the altar of "choice" is appalling. When there are more black children aborted in New York than are born, where are the "civil rights" leaders leading marches?

I know educated, successful white women who have had abortions and they struggle with that decision for the rest of their lives. They did it strictly because having a baby at that point would have been inconvenient. Some of these women were married. They are rabidly pro-choice not because they believe deep down that their decision was morally right, but because if abortion was ever made illegal again, it would prove what they know in their hearts: they murdered their own children.
“...she’s trying to help her friends in the movement get away from the term “pro-choice” with its awkward moral dimension.”

This is magical thinking: giving an incantation power over reality. The label “pro-choice,” like “communist,” “socialist,” “liberal,” and “progressive,” acquired its taint from the reality it describes. The only way to avert such a taint is to prevent people from learning about the phenomenon the label describes, “with its awkward moral dimension.” If Miss Harris believes otherwise, she’s in for a huge disappointment.
Why don't you ask that 'unwanted child' if he/she would prefer being painlessly executed. I think we all know the answer.
Half of all abortions are repeat procedures. For many women, it isn't a 'difficult' decision. I do think easy access to abortion is directly related to the high illegitimacy rate. Men will tell the woman to get an abortion and if you don't, the responsibility for the child will be entirely yours.
With safe, effective methods of contraception readily available, and often for free, one wonders why killing a baby is touted as a "choice?" Seems to me, that the decision-making process needs to begin a lot sooner. The so-called "mother" in this article is nothing of the sort. Either she's too stupid to figure out what causes children, or she's doing it on purpose to make some sort of sick "statement." Either way, she's not worth listening to and I would hate to be one of her five "surviving" children.
It is really offensive to call the creature at the beginning of this article a mother at all, let alone to include in the total of her children the majority that she willfully murdered before birth. That's not a mother - that's an alley cat.
Well, she an I can agree at least this far: Honesty. It's the best policy. I'm glad we can finally see what we've all known for along time they were really thinking which is that it's all about them and their lives with no thought to the children.
Or it is genocide. Take your choice. Murdering humans because they haven't been born yet?
"It puts the lotion on."

Children are our future rulers in the same sense that immigrants are our future rulers. The case against immigration is similar to the case for abortion.
Only a few years ago, pro lifers were mocked for saying that pro-abortion citizens are Moloch worshippers. Now, they're more or less admitting it. Say, maybe that will be their new tactic: sacrificing unborn children is part of their religion and therefore covered under the First Amendment?
I am often speechless at the callousness--or psychopathy--of pro-abortion arguments.
1 2 Next View All

One Trackback to “Abortion: The Awesome Lifestyle Option”