The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

November 20, 2013 - 2:35 pm

Is gay-slurring high interest credit card pitchman Alec Baldwin out his way out of MSNBC? The former A-list actor with anger management issues is “not welcome back at MSNBC,” reports the NY Post, because he’s always angry and complaining about everything. He has been on hiatus since a video of him hurling an anti-gay slur at a photographer surfaced last week.

The Post report claims that Baldwin even complains that the air inside MSNBC’s studios is “too dry.”

Sources exclusively tell us that MSNBC chiefs are not exactly falling over themselves to get boisterous Baldwin back in the building. One insider said, “He would only show up at work an hour a week to prep for the show, and when he did turn up, he was in an angry mood, red-faced, and shouting at all the staff. And he said the air at 30 Rock was too dry, it was bad for his voice, he needed a humidifier.”

It was quickly evident that he wasn’t living up to the promises he made to MSNBC president Phil Griffin when he was signed to host “Up Late With Alec Baldwin.” The source explained, “MSNBC only signed Alec to keep him out of reach of CNN, but considering his recent boasting about beating Anderson Cooper in the ratings it is highly unlikely CNN would sign him. Alec had promised Griffin he’d bring in top political and cultural guests, he delivered Bill de Blasio, who was great for the first show, and Debra Winger, who is a wonderful actress but certainly wasn’t right for a whole hour.”

Am I the only one laughing at the thought the MSNBC mainly hired Baldwin to keep him from going to CNN? Who would care either way?

Evidently no one who watches TV. His ratings in the five Up Late episodes have been poor. He’s beating CNN, but doing worse than just about anyone thought possible.

So to sum up: Alec Baldwin hasn’t delivered ratings, hasn’t delivered quality guests, barely preps for his show, is a jerk to staff, and complains about everything. On top of saying things in public that ought to embarrass MSNBC (but there’s no evidence that it actually has), Baldwin might have done enough to get himself fired.

Maybe.

Or, he has become the model of the entitled effete liberal.

And I should care - why?

I gave up my Capitol One card because of him. When Cap One emailed me for a reason I told them. They never did get back to me.

Similar situation with AARP - Harry Belafonte was their 'spokesman' at the time - and also was enamored with then Venezuela's Hugo Chavez. They asked what it would take to keep my business. I told them to dump Harry - they never got back to me either.

I vote with my wallet.

And I don't watch MSNBC.

You can be a poster child for liberalism, have all the liberal friends in the world and say the proper liberal talking points on cue, but if you are a complete a$$hole who is impossible to work with, even Alec Baldwin will be shown the door eventually.
Just ask Keith Olbermann.
How long did he last? Two weeks?

Even obamacare has been able to hang on for nearly two months.
"always angry and complaining about everything."

He's the perfect liberal. Extend his contract immediately.
Ah Hahahahahahahahahaha.
You know, this is a man who seems never satisfied with anything, regardless of fame, wealth, professional respect, and high status; who seems always tense and angry; whose family life (at least from here) looks like nothing to envy; who was never able to reply effectively when the South Park guys and Andrew Breitbart made merciless fun of him; whose name is becoming a watchword for temper tantrums. I could almost feel sorry for the guy. Almost.
And I should care - why?

I vote with my wallet.

And I don't watch MSNBC.

Good man. I would also like to point out that Comcast owns NBC. Anyone getting cable through them is subsidizing their own destruction.
How could the father of "a rude, thoughtless little pig" ever be anything but a rude, thoughtless big boar (or bore)??
So, they kept him from CNN. It is too difficult for most to spell Pyrrich Victory, I think we should just recoin it a "bald win"
At some point, even one's liberal creds will no longer cover you, just like Obama now has 37% approval and 57% (I think) disapproval. When you are that far upside down, no one wants you around.