Unexamined Premises

Mike Bloomberg, Liberal Fascist

March 24th, 2013 - 11:56 am
YouTube Preview Image

That’s New York City’s nasty little fascist mayor, the ersatz and erstwhile “Republican” who used the party to sneak into Gracie Mansion in the wake of the Giuliani administration’s successful war on street crime, and then double-crossed the GOP in his bald-faced but successful attempt to subvert term limits, lecturing David Gregory in his Boston honk that he knows what’s best for New Yorkers — and us.

Yes, it’s the Soda Jerk himself, tossing his pint-sized weight around as he attempts to remain politically viable after his reign as the successor to such corrupt and incompetent wretches as Jimmy Walker, William O’Dwyer, Abe Beame and David Dinkins mercifully comes to an end. Let’s unpack a little of what the Terror of Tinytown had to say.

We’re not banning anything.  All we’re saying is, we want to show you just how big the cup is. If you want 32 ounces, take two cups to your seat. If you want 64, carry four. But our hope is, if you only take one, you won’t go back.

If you believe that, Bloomberg has a bridge to Brooklyn to sell you. And to which the only proper response — the one that until New York turned into a city of Upper West Side conformist sheep he would have justly received — is (to quote Kurt Schlichter) “bite me.”

"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law."

- Winston Churchill
I'm seventy-five years old, and as far back as I can remember, I've been warned that if I take something from the government, then it owns me, for if I want more, then I will have to pay with obeisance. It was so then, so it is now.

Bloomberg is just the more overt, pompous illustration of how petty things in life can come under government censure.
But that’s what happens when conservatives let the Left seize the narrative and promote governmental mission creep.

-----

Love the article and agree completely, except you're barking up the wrong tree with respect to blame.

There's no way in hell Michael Bloomberg would get elected where I live, Mr. Walsh. And we'd hang the little bastard from his you-know-whats if he tried to implement that crap here while mayor.

Manhattan and much of the surrounding area apparently love its fascists and the fingers should be pointed solely at the dimwits who both live in and manage that city and allow this pint-sized jackboot to run roughshod.

"We can't expect the American people to jump from Capitalism to Communism,
but we can assist their elected leaders in giving them small doses of Socialism,
until they awaken one day to find that they have Communism."

Nikita Khrushchev
We have an elitist with billions of dollars who is intent on buying his opinions and beliefs into law. I would love to see what the media would do if he were a conservative and not a liberal.
Bloomberg and Obama, they are about the same to me..
Bloomberg is less that in the mold of the traditional Marxist leftist and definitely more of a German Nazi (minus Holocaust).
As far as NY goes, I have no compassion for them. After all, they keep re electing him. But when he starts talking about taking care of the Country, I have a problem. I can take care of myself that you very much. And I don't need a nanny stater coming out here to fix what's wrong with Wyoming. Check the budgets and freedom factor between Wyoming and New York. We don't need a carpet bagger from New York to tell us what is and is not good for us. We're smart enough to figure it out ourselves.
Ironically, the teachers union is trying to remove Bloomberg's control of the public schools. Conservatives should be addressing public education and the stranglehold of the teachers unions, not calling the mayor a "fascist." On the carelessness of Jonah Goldberg's Liberal Fascism see http://clarespark.com/2010/03/10/jonah-goldbergs-liberal-fascism-part-one/.
“If I can do that by spending some money, and taking the NRA from being the only voice to being one of the voices, so the public can really understand the issues, then I think my money will be well spent and I think I have an obligation to do that,” he said.

In other words, "the public" doesn't understand the issues because we are really, really stupid, and we need a wise, all-knowing father figure like Bloomberg to guide us in the proper ways of thinking and being.

Well I, for one, am profoundly insulted.
Why Liberal Fascist. Nothing liberal there. Napoleonic complex writ large.
The disease of the rich: if I have ten million dollars, I'm smart. If I have one
billion dollars , I'm 100 times smarter. The man is a control freak. New York
voters are stupid. Look who they vote for.
Here's an idea:
NY state should pass a law stating that all officials of the state or any of its counties cities or towns with net worth over one billion (current) dollars must turn half of the excess over to their government employer. This should be made retroactive to the beginning of 2013.
The purpose of this legislation would be to prevent mega wealthy individuals from buying office for themselves or accumulating great wealth by whatever means while in office.
Once there was no uproar and/or street protests over Bloomberg's overturning of the City Council's law on term limits in 2009, his later actions should come as no surprise. Dictators understand that what is profound today becomes the accepted norm of tomorrow. Ban "Non-Aryans" from participating in German life stated Adolph Hitler in 1933? Absurd thought most Germans. In 1935, it was written into the Nuremburg Laws. Overkill you might say? Indeed, but it's becoming necessary.
1 2 3 4 Next View All