The Winning Move in the War Against the Nomenklatura

Taking our culture out of the hands of the Marxist intellectual elite.

Susan L.M. Goldberg

January 5, 2014 - 9:00 am
YouTube Preview Image

Here is what I’ve learned from my study of the Intellectual love affair with Marxism, along with one simple solution for winning the war against the Nomenklatura, the intellectual Marxist elite within our government, mass media, and public education systems.

Concurrent to the Russian Revolution, Liberalism in America became Marxism.  Based on my research it would appear that the Victorian social justice movement and an increasingly European-influenced intellectual movement, with the help of Soviet spies and American commie traitors, gave birth to the Liberal Marxist hybrid. Its fate as a movement wasn’t sealed until the 60′s, when anti-Stalinist liberals like the Trillings were washed away by the rising tide of Soviet disinformation that conquered liberalism and began framing American culture for the takeover.

The first generation of intellectuals who first embraced Marx through figureheads like Lenin, Trotsky and Stalin would pave the way for the second generation of intellectuals to assume the role of the American Nomenklatura. Through the Frankfurt School and folks like Susan Sontag and the writers of Partisan Review, it became very clear that Marxism is a lens through which one sees the world. Therefore, for groupthink to succeed, Marxists must imbue doubt in previously trusted individuals and institutions like, for instance, the United States Military and the fine soldiers thereof. Marxism, though, is about structure, not anarchy: For every institution the Nomenklatura destroyed, they provided a Marxist alternative. Nowhere is this more evident than in Second Wave Feminism’s advocacy for the destruction of the roles and institutions of Mother, Father and Family that paved the way for the creation of the Nanny State.

The personal is political” indeed. Marxism is more than a political philosophy; it is the supreme religion of the State. All religious and political gods that contradict the message of faith in the State must be done away with. Despite their best attempts to preach equality among the masses, Marxists must enthrone gods of their own to supersede those of other faiths. Speaking of other faiths, the unconquerable Messiah must be converted to Marxism in the eyes of His worshipers. If His worshipers do not accept this Marxist version of their Messiah, they will be cut off from the State. Those who worship the God with no face must themselves be converted to Marxism, or suffer the consequences.

Good one. You're on a roll, Susan.
I like it. I like it a lot.
For the third time, Susan L.M. Goldberg, I really need this question answered, and I won't stop asking the question until I actually get a response with the answer: Can you please be more specific about what you meant by "intellectuals" in the Hitler's Pope article. My mom needs to know what you meant by that, and while I can accept the term "intellectuals" (as I've already seen a lot of bad intellectuals, including Marx and Rousseau), she wants specifics and can't take you seriously until she knows specifically what you meant by the term, like who were the intellectuals at the time the Deputy was released.
As stated in the Deputy article, Lillian Hellman was a key intellectual figure supporting The Deputy, I.F. Stone was the Soviet spy/intellectual journalist promoting the play, NY Times critic Frank Rich credited the play's producer with winning a Tony for his courage, and Susan Sontag praised the play. In the context of the series you may refer your mother to Stalinist Liberals who stretched back into the 1930's (like Hellman) as well as new-wave pro-Soviet leftists like those at Partisan Review (like Sontag). Remember: Intellectuals aren't limited to the well-known few - it's also a movement of like minded individuals who populated, at the time, Ivy League and elite liberal arts colleges and outlets of social and cultural commentary. Sorry for not seeing your question earlier. Hope this helps.
Okay, thanks, just wanted to make sure. My mom read the article, but was baffled regarding what you meant by the term. I'll make sure I let her know real soon. Just out of curiousity, though, did Jean-Paul Sartre and Simone de Beauvoir do any praising of the Deputy? I'm only asking because they definitely were very praiseworthy of Che Guevara (if I remember right, Sartre's the reason why that monster is referred to as the "most complete human being of our time."), and it would be very surprising knowing them if they never gave any comment on the play, much less being very praiseworthy of it. And either way, the Stalinist Liberals being in support of it definitely does not surprise me in the very least.
PS, nice job taking my suggestion about that youtube video of the students chanting Karl Marx after the 2012 elections.
Thank YOU, EJO1! I meant to hat-tip you in the caption - I apologize for that and will do it here with sincere thanks for the tip.
I can't speak for Ms. Goldberg, but the following might be helpful.

"They [intellectuals] prefer ideas, which give them jobs and income and which enhance their power and prestige...They look for ideas, which enhance the role of the state because the state is usually their main employer, sponsor or donator… Hence it is not surprising that the intellectuals are mostly interested in abstract, not directly implementable ideas... Hayek put it clearly: “the intellectual, by his whole disposition, is uninterested in technical details or practical difficulties.” He is interested in visions and utopias, and because “socialist thought owes its appeal largely to its visionary character” (and I would add lack of realism and utopian nature), the intellectual tends to become a socialist.…The free market system does not typically reward those who are, in their own eyes, the most meritorious. Because the intellectuals value themselves very highly, they disdain the marketplace. Markets value them differently than their own eyes and, in addition to it, markets function nicely without their supervision. As a result, the intellectuals are suspicious of free markets and prefer being publicly funded. That is another reason, why they are in favour of socialism…” Václav Klaus

I guess that might help, but there was a reason why I asked.

In her article "the Framing of Hitler's Pope," Ms. Goldberg basically repeatedly mentioned how the intellectuals pretty much fell hook line and sinker for the KGB-backed, financial failure drama play The Deputy, in particular the play's portrayal of Pope Pius XII as a Hitler ally, even when the historical record proves otherwise, that he risked even the survival of the Vatican and the Catholic Church in Europe to save any and all Jewish people trying to escape the Nazis. Mom requested I ask her what she meant by "intellectuals" in the article, or more specifically, who were these "intellectuals" at the time of the play. She hadn't answered in the prior posts, so I'm forced to resort to ask multiple times until she did.
Well said, Miss Goldberg. We have to go on offense a lot more than we have been. If we keep shying away from the "culture wars," we're doomed to be ruled by the Left.

Just as a footnote, I would add that many of the 18th Century and Victorian social reformers were conservative and Christian, and they would be horrified at how "Progress" has been abused since their day. I think that in Victorian times, things began to go off the deep end with the influence of "Social Gospel" advocates, who were not conservative, along with a growing atheism. But that's a story for another day.
And I find it a fascinating one that, at some point, I would like to examine further. It ties into first wave feminism - many sufragettes were religiously motivated - and the striking difference between first and second wave feminisms.
Yeah, you're telling me that. A lot of the feminists today are more eager to put down Christianity to push feminism, like my World History up to the 1500s Professor, who actually claimed herself to be Catholic, and basically implied that, until the 1960s, all women were uneducated and only "rich white males" got any education at all. There were other professors who taught similar things (like my Chaucer professor, who despite having a PhD and writing a lot of books is a complete idiot, basically in full support of second wave feminism, loves free sex, and goes out of his way to bash the church in his lectures.).

Speaking of which, I do have the tapes of said professor, and I am perfectly willing to send them to you, but I can't actually send them to you if I don't know your email address. If you can at least give me an email or your facebook page so I could PM you the lecture materials, I can send you the lecture materials (tapes, powerpoints, pretty much everything except possibly handwritten notes) and then you can make a determination on the professor teaching it.
Greetings:

Isn’t “Social Justice” what:

Lenin and Stalin brought to Russia and Eastern Europe;

Mussolini brought to Italy;

Hitler brought to Germany and Western Europe;

Mao the Dung brought to China;

Ho Chi Minh brought to Viet Nam;

Pol Pot (not that pot) brought to Cambodia;

Mugabe brought to Zimbabwe ???

Anyone seeing a pattern here ???
You forgot to mention what Robespierre brought to France.
There has been only one revolution in history (outside of ancient Israel) which was aimed at true social justice. Hint: It was not any of those disgusting, mass-enslaving, mass-murdering Marxist/Communist counter-revolutions. The real revolution was distilled into the following statement of true social justice:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

”The crisis of the Western world exists to the degree in which it is indifferent to God.” Whittaker Chambers

“It is not true, as is sometimes said, that man cannot organize the world without God. What is true is that, without God, he can only organize it against man.” Henri de Lubac

"All they that hate Me [God] love death." Proverbs

Exchange one stupidity for another? That's the ticket!
No, it is the exchange of one faith for another. One faith (faith in God the Creator of the Universe) is in my view superior to the other faith (faith in an all powerful Marxist government - which means faith in a small group of other people).

BTW, I clicked on "Like" by mistake, thinking at first that it was the reply link.

Good one. You're on a roll, Susan.
Humble thanks, Bill Lawrence.