PJ Media Interviews the Amazing Kreskin About America’s Future

What tools does a real life mentalist use to understand human behavior?

J. Christian Adams

February 26, 2013 - 1:20 pm

PJ Media had the opportunity to interview The Amazing Kreskin of TV talk show fame about being a real-life mentalist and guru of predictions. But our time with Kreskin included discussions ranging from the psychology of mobs, the modern American entitlement class and much more. PJ Media also obtained four predictions about the future of America from Kreskin and spoke with him about his new book Conversations With Kreskin.

YouTube Preview Image

PJ Media: What is your new book about?

Kreskin: This is one of the most exciting delights I’ve done in my life. I’ve written 19 books and this is one is like a dream. It has behind the scenes of my record 88 shows with Johnny Carson and other hosts. The middle part has 8 pages of a comic by Joe St. Pierre of the first incident in my life that defined what I was going to do with my life. One of the passions of my life is to make predictions. This includes predictions based on the power of human suggestion.

I’m not a psychic; I’m not a fortune teller. But I predicted the outcome of the presidential primary election one year and four months before the election. I’ve done 71 interviews about it. I wrote out who I thought would be picked by the Republican Party for Vice-President a year in advance. I picked Paul Ryan. I’ve been asked endlessly how I did this. I jogged the night before my prediction and this name kept popping in my head. I knew the Democrats were going to win in November and I knew the person who would be picked for Vice-President.

PJ Media: You do lots of shows around the world, what is your wildest in-flight experience and did you know how it would end?

Kreskin: I’m on a plane, I’m flying to Sacramento from NBC in Los Angeles. It’s an hour after we should have landed. The flight attendant tells us we can’t get the landing gear down and might have to foam the runway. I went to the back of the plane to use the restroom. Back in my seat, I hear grinding noises and they announce that the gear was finally put down.

I’m the first to get off the plane, and at the bottom of the steps are the pilots. They thanked me. They said that the nervous passengers saw you walking around the plane and figured that if you were calmly walking around, that they knew the plane would be fine.

Sorry, that interview was a bit light on information.
"God forbid they might start to think in terms of leader, whoever that person might be."

I cringe every time someone refers to our elected representatives as "political leaders".
That was leader, singular. Our national 'leader' is the president.
"There was something extra in Hitler"
I know that's true about people.Some inner unique gift,guess that's why I'm anti school.Our education should be a tool to help pry that box open.I witness every day failed educations at work,in charge of things no less.Brings to mind that comment used to put down Bush"he's a mile wide and an inch deep". Why not squeeze the fiction out of the process and simply buy the degree!
Federalist party?
Liberty party?
Let's find a name for this new party.
Let's all be honest here. People who are expecting entitlements are really people with their hands out (whether they know it or not) expecting to be bribed or otherwise bought off. That's why they're more open to manipulation.
"As promised, Kreskin gave me four predictions for the nation:"

And I predict at least 3 of his 4 won't come true unless the time frame is totally open ended. The guy is a flake.
A machine to clue into people's thoughts? I work in retail. It isn't very hard to get people to let you know what they are really thinking.
I had intended to post this as an independent thread. But seeing your comment, i couldn't agree more! If everyone spent 6 months workign in commissioned sales - First, most people wouldn't be very good at it! But - those who were would find out just how easily people will open up. My one war story about working at Radio Shack as a young(er) man was, a person came in and I asked how I could help him. He gave the standard response, "Just looking!" I picked up an answering machine from a display and said, "While you're looking, look at this!" I ended up selling him a $3,000 computer!
Hitler was a salesman. I disagree with Kreskin on his "something extra about Hitler that can't be duplicated." Hitler was a snake oil salesman who surrounded himself with sycophants and built an empire. Using? Radio. (Read, advertising.) Pol Pot, Saddam, myriad Ahotallahs - it's all sales.
Now, for Kreskin's silly "predictions;" 1) Key word? "Viable." So-called 3rd parties are like United Way. They cover all the other factions into one umbrella and almost immdeiately start wandering off on their own missions. 2)"Gambling...out of control?! DUH! 3) "Machine that will read people's minds..?" It's called cable (Or satellite) TV! Advertise on the right program and you have the "startup" of a hitleresque movement! 4)"Legalize drugs for the tax money?" Evidently Kreskin doesn't do any shows in San Fran or Colorado!
If these are the best predictions he can come up with, he has GOT to be popular with the Low-Information Voter crowd! The rest of us are years ahead of him. "Hey, Kres. Retire, Dude!"
"People who expect entitlements are more open to manipulation." Sadly this is the norm these days.