Tired of how CNN reports on Iraq? Sick of defeatism from The New York Times? Certain you can’t do anything to change any of it?
Don’t be so sure — blogger Gavin Sheridan wants to go to Iraq to do some first-hand reporting, and you can help him make the trip:
You might think me crazy but I am planning a trip to Iraq with some fellow freelance journos in the Spring. ‘Why?’ You might ask. Truth be told I really just want to a few things:
1. See what Iraq is like as a country
2. To understand the current state of the occupation/transitional arrangement
3. Measure morale of the Iraqi people and US Forces
4. To get to know some Iraqi people
5. To meet with some US/UK troops
That’s my list for now, though it is likely to expand. We are currently looking at Baghdad only, though we are considering a trip to Basra.
Click on the link, check it out, and maybe even make a donation.