This is how President Obama signed the guest book today at Westminster Abbey and here are ten reasons why.
1. In May 2008 Obama had just about finished off Hillary and remembers that was way more fun than tea with the Queen.
2. At that wonderful time in 2008 everyone in the media thought he was the Messiah.
3. Those were the days Obama could blame President Bush for everything.
4. In May 2008 the unemployment rate was 5.5% and if Obama thinks it is still May of 2008 than the rate must still be 5.5%.
5. At that time Obama said that Americans were “clinging to their guns and religion.” This was a glorious time in our nation’s history and not easily forgotten.
6. May 2008 was the month Obama said he had visited “57 states.” Obviously a visit to remember.
7. May 24, 2008 was memorable because that was the day he had written the phrase,
“This was the moment the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal,” for his nomination victory speech on June 3rd 2008.
8. Obama wrote 2008 instead of 2011 just to give the late night comics some new material.
9. At Buckingham Palace, Obama had just heard the Queen’s favorite song by Cher, “If I Could Turn Back Time.”
10. As President, Obama wants to prove to the world that he can write whatever the hell he wants and still get re-elected.