Obama: Senate 'Should Do Its Constitutional Job' and Hold Hearings on Garland Nomination

REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

President Obama told Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday that the Senate should do its “constitutional job” and hold hearings on his Supreme Court pick Merrick Garland.


By refusing to take up the nomination, the Senate is withholding its consent. No amount of pressure or happy talk from the White House will get a hearing for Garland or a vote. The president is dangling Garland out there, hoping he becomes a political issue. So far, the Garland nomination isn’t even a blip on the electoral radar.

Some pundits believe the GOP is taking a risk by delaying the Garland vote because if Hillary Clinton wins, it’s likely she will nominate someone even more extreme. It doesn’t matter. Garland will vote with the liberals 90% or more of the time. Caving in to the president simply to preserve the other 10% isn’t worth it.



Trending on PJ Media Videos

Join the conversation as a VIP Member