We have created a fresh weekly newsletter to bring you the top articles on Parenting, Lifestyle, and Faith.

Sign up now to save time and stay informed!

Student Journalists in Kansas Bust New Principal Who Got $93k Job With Fake Credentials

A high school principal in Pittsburg, Kansas, resigned from her position this week after student sleuths looked into her past and found questionable credentials.

The school district hired Amy Robertson to be the principal at Pittsburg High School on March 6 for $93,000 a year and she was to start her position in August. But when young journalists with the student newspaper began researching her background, they quickly discovered that some of her credentials were fake.

“She was going to be the head of our school, and we wanted be assured that she was qualified and had the proper credentials,” Trina Paul told The Kansas City Star. “We stumbled on some things that most might not consider legitimate credentials.”

That is putting it mildly.

Her alma mater is a diploma mill, where people buy fake degrees. Corllins University, where Robertson allegedly received her master's and doctorate degrees, is not accredited and has no known physical address. Its website is an obvious sham, as is its Facebook page, where you can read comments from a lot of unhappy customers, many of whom come from foreign countries.

"Be careful of those scammers...they have cheated a friend, and they received more than 2000$ for his certificates, and after he had sent the money, he got nothing" cautioned one man. He wrote [unedited]:

when he called them back they asked him for another 6000$ otherwise they will not send the certificate...he told the. He had no money..he doesn't want the certificate and his money back.there answer was that they will solve this problem...when he tried to get in contact back again with them......nobody replied or even chat with him... Be careful and don't deal with such fake offices..

Another dupe complained: "I've been scammed of $6000. What kind of university is this? butchers not advisors."

Still another one wrote: "So why and how to get hold of these people and take them to court. I want my money back and wasted time. Wrecked my life!"

There was one happy customer:

"I am so proud to be a Corllins graduate - with six summa cum laude doctorates, with Awards of Excellence and Distinction in Religious Studies," wrote Victoria Howard. "They even had it authenticated by the government. If only I could get more degrees - but six is the limit! With Great Esteem, an alumna."

Here's a picture of CU's "Vice Prsident" [sic]—allegedly:

A consumer watchdog website claims that Corllins University "is nothing more than a web site owned by the “Organization for Global Learning Education,” a scam started by a crook called Salem Kureshi in Pakistan."