In the last few years, we’ve had a bit of trouble with young people taking to the streets and
expressing their displeasure hitting passersby in the face with bike locks to fight fascism. In fact, the name Antifa supposedly comes from anti-fascism. They’re supposed to be out there, on the streets, fighting fascists 24-7.
Now, the Left finds this so laudable that they not only praise the young people for their attempts to suppress fascists, but also in cities controlled by the Left, the police are instructed to ignore attacks and property destruction by Antifa, and grown up, paunchy middle-aged leftists talk big talk about “punching a Nazi.”
Of course, the only puzzling thing about this is that there don’t seem to be any Nazis anymore. There are Neo-Nazis, but once you remove the government provocateurs and informers from that movement, there are maybe a few hundred, and frankly they’re so pathetic they’re at best Live Action Reich Players. Which seems like a menace too small to bring thousands of young people to the street, looking for one of them to punch.
Or to put it another way, in a nation of three hundred million, you’d have to ration the right to punch a neo-Nazi in the face and also to limit it to, say, ten punches a day, else the Nazi face would become Nazi pulp long before all those who oppose Nazism can even think of punching one.
Since there is a substantial proportion of the population convinced that punching Nazis is not only worthwhile but vitally urgent, one can’t avoid the suspicion that either they are misidentifying Nazis or that the entire Antifa movement is — despite its name — about something completely different from opposing fascism.
The question is what it actually is about.
To figure this out, I’ve done a deep dive into the Nazi program. Don’t make me do that again. Reading it and knowing the horrors it inflicted on the world, it makes you want to shower inside your brain.
However, it has greatly helped with enlightening me on what Antifa actually wants.
A lot of the Nazi program has no application whatsoever in the 21st century.
Take this for instance:
1. We demand the union of all Germans in a Great Germany on the basis of the principle of self-determination of all peoples.
Sure, the reunification of Germany is a fait accomplit under the EU, but other than that, I don’t see the Germans wanting to unify all the German-speaking people. (For those of you who attended public school, this was the excuse to invade most of Europe, which had German-speaking populations somewhere on its territory.)
And if you’re going to apply it to any other countries… Well, it would be nice to bring California back into the US, yes, but I don’t see anyone considering an invasion to teach them to speak proper American-English and not act like lunatics. In fact, the invasion goes the other way.
2. We demand that the German people have rights equal to those of other nations; and that the Peace Treaties of Versailles and St. Germain shall be abrogated.
3. We demand land and territory (colonies) for the maintenance of our people and the settlement of our surplus population.
Tally-ho, Antifa, if this is your definition of “Nazis” you should immediately head South and go hit Mexicans in the face with bike locks. (We advise you to pick weaker and older Mexicans and to definitely avoid drug runners.)
Alternate response: Mexico, is that you? Honduras, is that you?
4. Only those who are our fellow countrymen can become citizens. Only those who have German blood, regardless of creed, can be our countrymen. Hence no Jew can be a countryman.
5. Those who are not citizens must live in Germany as foreigners and must be subject to the law of aliens.
Yes, there are indeed countries who restrict citizenship to blood citizenship. I haven’t looked closely, but I think Japan has some restrictions on what type of citizen you can be if you’re not Japanese.
My aunt who was an immigrant in France told me no Frenchman would consider you French if you were merely naturalized.
You know what country has no such problems or policies? Right. Good old U. S. of A. So, you know, if blood-and-soil nationalism is what Antifa wishes to fight, it needs to head for the border. (Please? We’ll send you a bon-voyage gift. Maybe new bike locks.)
5. The right to choose the government and determine the laws of the State shall belong only to citizens. We, therefore, demand that no public office, of whatever nature, whether in the central government, the province, or the municipality, shall be held by anyone who is not a citizen.
This, of course, is where Antifa thinks they have the US. I have truly bad news for them: no other nation on Earth lets foreigners vote or exert the other privileges of citizenship. Sorry. You’re at war with humanity.
We wage war against the corrupt parliamentary administration whereby men are appointed to posts by favor of the party without regard to character and fitness.
In this, they have a point, but perhaps they wish to go and punch Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, and Hilary Clinton in the face? I mean, we realize they’re not fit. But their power is the fault of the Democrats and no one else.
And really, we shouldn’t punch them. The SPCA would have harsh words about that. It’s enough to mock them out of public life.
6. We demand that the State shall above all undertake to ensure that every citizen shall have the possibility of living decently and earning a livelihood. If it should not be possible to feed the whole population, then aliens (non-citizens) must be expelled from the Reich.
Bernie, is that you? And by the way, Antifa agrees with the first sentence of this. They think they don’t agree with the rest, but they do, too. Only of course, like the Nazis they wouldn’t expel anyone. The history of socialist countries – and most Antifa subscribe to socialist and communist doctrines, judging from their signs and symbols – consists of a long history of killing everyone they can be persuaded is the enemy. It starts with dissidents and ends up being everyone who sticks out, including — inevitably — Jews.
7. Any further immigration of non-Germans must be prevented. We demand that all non-Germans who have entered Germany since August 2, 1914, shall be compelled to leave the Reich immediately.
Again, they think they have us dead to rights on this one. Which they would if anyone had called for the immigration only of ethnic Americans. Whatever that is. My husband’s family on one side goes back to the founding. On one side, note. And even on that side immigrants have fallen in at regular intervals. If we’re going to limit this country to only people all of whose ancestors have been here since the revolution (let alone are ethnically American because no such beast exists) all eleven of them sure will have a lot of room to roam. As for ethnic Americans abroad, since there is no such beast, and since no one has actually opposed legal immigration, this is just a function of the bike lock brigade being rock-bottom-dumb and miseducated.
8. All citizens must possess equal rights and duties.
Robespierre, is that you?
9. The first duty of every citizen must be to work mentally or physically. No individual shall do any work that offends against the interest of the community to the benefit of all.
Um… Barrack Obama, is that you? Certainly, it’s not the Right in the US who wants to decide what people should work at or when you have made enough money.
In fact, I suspect all of Antifa would agree with this.
Therefore we demand:
11. That all unearned income, and all income that does not arise from work, be abolished.
12. Since every war imposes on the people fearful sacrifices in blood and treasure, all personal profit arising from the war must be regarded as treason to the people. We therefore demand the total confiscation of all war profits.
13. We demand the nationalization of all trusts.
14. We demand profit-sharing in large industries.
15. We demand a generous increase in old-age pensions.
I definitely think people who believe in this claptrap should be hit over the head not with a bike lock, but with a history book till they wake up.
That includes all the members of Antifa, pretty much without exceptions. Because they all believe it.
16. We demand the creation and maintenance of a sound middle-class, the immediate communalization of large stores which will be rented cheaply to small tradespeople, and the strongest consideration must be given to ensure that small traders shall deliver the supplies needed by the State, the provinces and municipalities.
Sure the details vary. I’m fairly sure that Antifa thinks there should be no stores. That’s because Nazis — heaven help me — pig-ignorant though they were, knew more about economics than Antifa, which knows a lot of things that just ain’t so. But in general? Communalization? Expropriation and redistribution? Antifa, they’re playing your song!
And by the way, the Nazi program for creating a middle class is the same as the left’s “we’ll give them things.” That’s not the way this works. That’s not the way ANY OF THIS WORKS.
17. We demand an agrarian reform in accordance with our national requirements, and the enactment of a law to expropriate the owners without compensation of any land needed for the common purpose. The abolition of ground rents, and the prohibition of all speculation in land.
18. We demand that ruthless war be waged against those who work to the injury of the common welfare. Traitors, usurers, profiteers, etc., are to be punished with death, regardless of creed or race.
More expropriation, redistribution and claiming authority over all economic authority. Oh, come on, Antifa, if you met a real Nazi, you’d give him a slobbery kiss.
19. We demand that Roman law, which serves a materialist ordering of the world, be replaced by German common law.
This was a fantasy based on the fact that the Nazis thought that Romans had corrupted the greatness of the natural man, in their case the natural GERMAN man. Just like Antifa believes capitalism corrupted naturally socialistic “innocent” man. Hint, both should have realized this was fanfic and checked out the story of the garden of Eden for the most widely spread version of the story.
20. In order to make it possible for every capable and industrious German to obtain higher education, and thus the opportunity to reach into positions of leadership, the State must assume the responsibility of organizing thoroughly the entire cultural system of the people. The curricula of all educational establishments shall be adapted to practical life. The conception of the State Idea (science of citizenship) must be taught in the schools from the very beginning. We demand that specially talented children of poor parents, whatever their station or occupation, be educated at the expense of the State.
21. The State has the duty to help raise the standard of national health by providing maternity welfare centers, by prohibiting juvenile labor, by increasing physical fitness through the introduction of compulsory games and gymnastics, and by the greatest possible encouragement of associations concerned with the physical education of the young.
Bernie, is that you?
22. We demand the abolition of the regular army and the creation of a national (folk) army.
In fact, regular people who march in the streets and fight for their … Antifa, is that you?
23. We demand that there be a legal campaign against those who propagate deliberate political lies and disseminate them through the press. In order to make possible the creation of a German press, we demand:
Like Antifa, they fought fake news.
(a) All editors and their assistants on newspapers published in the German language shall be German citizens.
(b) Non-German newspapers shall only be published with the express permission of the State. They must not be published in the German language.
(c) All financial interests in or in any way affecting German newspapers shall be forbidden to non-Germans by law, and we demand that the punishment for transgressing this law be the immediate suppression of the newspaper and the expulsion of the non-Germans from the Reich.
Newspapers transgressing against the common welfare shall be suppressed. We demand legal action against those tendencies in art and literature that have a disruptive influence upon the life of our folk, and that any organizations that offend against the foregoing demands shall be dissolved.
Other than the German thing or even the nationalist thing — no one in the states has ever “demanded” English-only publications — I know Antifa totally thinks that Trump is a totalitarian because he’s labeled the media “enemies of the people.” Except that when they propagate deliberate lies… they kind of are.
However lies aside — I was accused of not wanting gay, minorities or women to write science fiction and of trying to prevent i with my awesome mental powers, since in fact, no one involved in our movement against the insider clique in science fiction had any gatekeeping capacity — the side that wants to silence the other in the arts, news, and education is… the left. Antifa gets particularly frisky – and delusional. Remember the chick who tried to break into a Peterson talk carrying a garrote? Because he was going to sit very still while she garroted him. Of course. When anyone they deem a conservative (aka to the right of Lenin) is scheduled to speak in a public venue.
They also want to stop right of center people from being published, working in newspapers, and pretty much anything else having to do with communications.
24. We demand freedom for all religious faiths in the state, insofar as they do not endanger its existence or offend the moral and ethical sense of the Germanic race.
The party as such represents the point of view of a positive Christianity without binding itself to any one particular confession. It fights against the Jewish materialist spirit within and without, and is convinced that a lasting recovery of our folk can only come about from within on the principle:
COMMON GOOD BEFORE INDIVIDUAL GOOD
Dear Antifa, just because you fight for materialism and against Judaism and Christianity, you’re no different. It’s a matter of what side you attack, not actually giving freedom of belief.
And that common good over individualismthing? Look in the mirror, antifa. Look deeply.
25. In order to carry out this program we demand: the creation of a strong central authority in the State, the unconditional authority by the political central parliament of the whole State and all its organizations.
The formation of professional committees and of committees representing the several estates of the realm, to ensure that the laws promulgated by the central authority shall be carried out by the federal states.
The leaders of the party undertake to promote the execution of the foregoing points at all costs, if necessary at the sacrifice of their own lives.
Antifa, is that you?
So having gone through the whole program, realized that other than blood-and-soil nationalism which no one in the US is proposing seriously (the ones proposing it don’t understand the US very well, and a lot of them are abroad) this program looks more like Antifa’s talking points than anyone else. So why is it they want to punch Nazis? Unless it’s like when two girls show up at the party in the same dress.
Then I thought – well, but okay, the Nazis are responsible for the death of six million. Surely the Marxists that the left—
No, wait, those killed 100 million and it’s a low-side estimate.
Okay, okay, I thought. Maybe it’s because Antifa is against charismatic leaders who — then I thought of how they acted with Obama, and how many of them wear Che T-shirts.
And I thought… okay, Antifa likes only non-bearded or all-bearded charismatic leaders. Their real opposition to Nazis is that they followed a leader with a mustache only.
But then I remembered seeing a few t-shirts with this guy on them.
To avoid getting a bike lock to the face, definitely, don’t wear a toothbrush moustache. Go with a full beard. Antifa likes those.
You can create the most lethal philosophy in the history of mankind provided you wear a full beard. They’ll worship you.