Democrat congressmen staged a “sit-in” on the House floor yesterday afternoon, demanding a vote and discussion on some kind of gun control legislation they refer to as “no fly, no buy.” Four separate firearms amendments were defeated in the Senate earlier this week and I’m not aware of any actual bill being blocked in the House. Nevertheless, the Democrats are continuing to make demands…for attention and fodder for their fundraising appeals.
Twitter was chock full of revealing insights and “hot takes” regarding the publicity stunt.
Some of my favorites include:
1. Here we have a twidiot rejecting the accepted epistemological tradition of naming discrete objects with particular names.
@seanmdav i’m calling semi-automatic machines machine guns. You don’t get to pick my terms. Your NRA buzzwords don’t apply to me
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) June 22, 2016
2. This constitutional scholar berates National Review’s Charles Cooke about which amendments are under attack by the House Democrats. He is unaware that the proposed no fly/no buy would violate the 2nd, 5th and 6th amendments.
Wrong Amendment, dumbass. https://t.co/1JR75Baa94
— Ryan Adams (@filmystic) June 22, 2016
3. Next we see a special snowflake who can not tell the difference between a gun shot and a “bicycle tire” — therefore concluding we must “pass gun laws.”
At Union Station in DC. Just fled the building w 100s of others bc we thought we heard gunshots—it was a bicycle tire. PLEASE PASS GUN LAWS. — Eva Colen (@evacolen) June 22, 2016
4. Perhaps the greatest chiron ever to appear on CNN.
— Taylor Popielarz (@TaylorPopielarz) June 23, 2016
5. Finally, my favorite tweet of all from Ben Shapiro .
Did you see any thing interesting on Twitter? Post your picks in the comments.