As James Taranto of the Wall Street Journal likes to note, the Democratic Party has, over the years, had many powerful orators.
- Andrew Jackson is often attributed as saying, “One man with courage makes a majority.”
- Franklin D. Roosevelt comforted the nation when he said, “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”
- Harry Truman famously said, “The buck stops here.”
- John F. Kennedy reminded Americans, “Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.”
- Rahm Emanuel: “F*ck the UAW”
But of course, he’s merely a sheep in Rahm’s clothing; no member of the far left would do anything to endanger the milk cow with 300,000 tits, to borrow Alan Simpson’s rather colorful phrasing.
Meanwhile, there’s this:
- Emanuel’s spout about the UAW came during early debate on whether the administration should even try to rescue GM and Chrysler.
- In his first post-election talk with advisors about GM and Chrysler, Obama asked “Why can’t they make a Corolla?”
- Rattner describes Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne as “one of our biggest headaches.” He also describes a showdown between Marchionne and UAW President Ron Gettelfinger; when Marchionne lectured about the need for autoworkers to accept a “culture of poverty” instead of a “culture of entitlement,” Gettelfinger fired back: “Why don’t you come and sit with me and tell a seventy-five-year-old widow that she can’t have surgery and that you killed her husband?”
File that last quote away as the rationing of ObamaCare snakes its way closer to becoming the law of the land.
Join the conversation as a VIP Member