Tune in each Wednesday to XM Channel #130, POTUS ’08 at 1:00 PM Eastern/10:00 AM Pacific for Pajamas Media’s weekly PJM Political show! (And at 12:00 AM Eastern Friday/9:00 PM Pacific Thursday for a rebroadcast.) If you missed this week’s show, click below to listen:
This week’s edition of PJM Political comes at you from the intersection of the Tyranny of Nice and the Cold Civil War, exploring the Canada of today, and a potential sneak preview of the America of tomorrow, starting with our first guest, the legendary columnist to the world, Mark Steyn of Steynonline.com. Steyn was recently acquitted by the British Columbia “Human Rights” Tribunal of charges of hate speech, stemming, bizarrely enough, from a reprint of a chapter of his best-selling book America Alone, in Canada’s leading weekly news magazine, Maclean’s. But as Mark explains, it’s very much a pyrrhic victory.
- Kathy Shaidle and Pete Vere on their new book, The Tyranny of Nice, for which Steyn wrote the introduction.
- Blogger April Gavaza wonders if voter anger combined with the growing divide between blue and red state voters portends the early stages of “a cold civil war.”
- James Lileks with his own trademark Lileksian take on the voter anger fermenting on both sides of the aisle.
- From PJTV, Pajamas CEO Roger L. Simon interviews Todd Zywicki of the George Mason University School of Law and The Volokh Conspiracy on how personal bankruptcies are playing a surprisingly large role in driving the election.
- And host Steve Green with a forecast of tonight’s debate and a snapshot of where the Electoral College stands.
- Produced by Ed Driscoll.
For the complete version of Tuesday’s interview with Mark Steyn, click here. And for the (very) extended version of the interview with Shaidle and Vere on their new book, click here. Finally, if you missed any previous episodes of PJM Political, click here and scroll through for hours of audio archives. And tune in to Pajamas’ new PJTV channel for video coverage of the presidential race throughout the week.