The PJ Tatler

Rick Moran

May 4, 2014 - 7:04 am

Face it, Dems. Obama doesn’t do humor – at least the kind of self-deprecating humor that presidents like John Kennedy and Ronald Reagan were famous for.

Obama’s humor is mean-spirited. His zingers aimed at others feel like twisting the knife rather than a good-natured nudge. While there is always some measure of exaggeration when it comes to zinging an opponent, Obama’s premise is usually false to begin with. This makes his humor self-serving and decidedly unfunny.

Here, in my opinion, are the top 5 least funny jokes told by President Obama at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner last night.

1. I admit it — last year was rough. Sheesh. [Laughter] At one point, things got so bad, the 47 percent called Mitt Romney to apologize. [Laughter]

Politicians are a fair target. But the American people? Sheesh!

2. Sometimes I do feel disrespected by you reporters. But that’s OK. Seattle Seahawks’ cornerback Richard Sherman is here tonight, and he gave me some great tips on how to handle it. Jake Tapper, don’t you ever talk about me like that! I am the best president in the game! What do you think, Richard, was that good? [Laughter] A little more feeling next time. [Laughter]

Ka-boink.

Jokes that might be worth repeating

1) "I had a rough year...again. Have you seen the internals? I'm a Cubs fan and even I am not waiting for next year!"

2) " They tried to repeal Obamacare over 50 times. I've kept up with them, though. I've illegally changed it more than that, technically...with what remains of it, I have already repealed it myself!"

3) You know, you reporters keep complaining that I didn't share photos of me the night of the Benghazi murders. If you would send me a Danish blonde, I'll take the photos myself!

4) 8 million people have signed up for Obamacare, meaning I can stop sending out that Nigerian bank offer letter!

5) 8 million people signed up for Obamacare. Well, ok we know that's a phony number. Two million didn't pay their premium. That's a negative. And five million lost their insurance first. That's also a negative. But a negative plus a negative is a positive, right?!

6) Growing up, there was a TV show that broke the color barrier that inspired me even to this day. Do any reporters, heads of state or conservatives want to guess its name? I Spy!

Humor is cultural. In order to be humorous, the would-be comedian has to understand the culture. Obama will never be funny.
I keep thinking of that photo from WW II of the man in Paris watching the Germans march through his city, and he's crying.

We have fallen, and we can't get up.

The hippies are having their holiday and it subliminally only amounts to a giant tantrum; Ruining everything that decent people hold dear, just because they can do it.

So, in the end, when it's all destroyed and we're a de-facto banana republic, will even hippies long for the days when they could "go down to the Circle K and get a Pepsi"?

I think they will.

They win, we all lose. Then they lose too.

The equal sharing of misery with the most miserable miscreant we've ever had in the white house.

Just remember, MISTER president, I'm not laughing with you; I'm laughing AT you.
I recently saw Imus....some sort of ad....in which he sAid his IQ was over 160.
As a former teacher of gifted kids, I remember only the dummies knew their IQs and traded on them. I always liked Imus but he is getting OLD. He needs something.
Don't quit your day job, uh wait, on second thought quit your day job, you've got the makings of a successful left wing comedian. After all, if Letterman and Colbert can get paid to be mean in the guise of comedy, anyone can.
Take his wife - please.
He's a petty little man and his performances as such gatherings proves it.
I don't know if anyone here remembers the old 'F-Troop' TV program.

It appears to me that, during Obama's speech, there was a 'Corporal Agarn' character waving his hat at the parts where people were supposed to laugh.

I should also point out that, after reading this article, it would seem that Obama's speech fell just as flat as that sentry tower in the 'F-Troop' show.
Bitter, nasty, stupid, petty, childish. Obama, a twisted little man, one network, Fox, and he fixates. Fanaticism and hate, the marks of Obama and the fools who laughed at his garbage.
I would have had Don Imus write my material. He gave speech during this shindig when Clinton was president, it was hilarious and went over like a lead balloon. He has never been invited back.

I think maybe that Veitor guy wrote this stuff. I really isn't funny at all even if I were inclined to laugh with Obama. I think by the end, people weren't laughing "with" him.
I guess it's okay to imply that Republicans are gay, and that for some reason it would be a bad thing if they were.
"the new Oprah Clippers"? i guess if anyone knows a shakedown when he sees one, it's blowbama.
Joffrey Hussein Obama holding court.
1 2 3 4 Next View All