The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

January 24, 2014 - 3:20 pm

It’s Friday. I’m going to close out my shift celebrating a victory — the Little Sisters of the Poor are winning against Obamacare’s abortifacient mandate.

A U.S. Supreme Court ruling on Friday will enable a religious-affiliated non-profit and other groups like it to remain temporarily exempt from Obamacare requirements to cover birth control and other reproductive health they oppose for religious reasons.

The justices extended an injunction first granted on an emergency basis just before the New Year for a Catholic charity for the elderly run by nuns, the Little Sisters of the Poor.

The order will remain in effect while lower courts continue to wrangle with the merits of the primary challenge to the health law mandates on contraception.

Still, it is an important victory for the two groups that appealed socially charged requirements that were a negotiated compromise aimed at allowing coverage but also giving those who object a way around having to provide it directly.

The Obama administration continues to insist that nuns should pay for Sandra Fluke’s birth control, which is utter madness.

The earth-shattering news that the mainstream media refuses to report. Because reporting it threatens to shatter their world.

A blueprint for creating viral Interwebs content.

A prototype for Noah’s Ark? A prototype for Noah’s Ark.

LONDON (AP) — It was a vast boat that saved two of each animal and a handful of humans from a catastrophic flood.

But forget all those images of a long vessel with a pointy bow – the original Noah’s Ark, new research suggests, was round.

A recently deciphered 4,000-year-old clay tablet from ancient Mesopotamia – modern-day Iraq – reveals striking new details about the roots of the Old Testament tale of Noah. It tells a similar story, complete with detailed instructions for building a giant round vessel known as a coracle – as well as the key instruction that animals should enter “two by two.”

Round? That doesn’t fit any of the drawings I’ve ever seen. The thing on Mt. Ararat is rectangular.

noahs_ark

We say we’ll die for America. Will we buy for America?

I’m conflicted over the Super Bowl. The NFL is too — they might have to move it if the polar vortex demands it. Gee, a snow storm in New York in winter. Who coulda seen that coming?

I don’t have a team in the game. That’s been true since 1996. I do like the Broncos. I’ve always liked Peyton Manning. I’ve never had a problem with the Seattle Seahawks. Richard Sherman’s post-game interview, the one he has apologized for, made me like him and the Hawks. Every subsequent revelation about him has made me like him more.

So I’m not sure what to do. Hope for a good game, I guess.

I will associate myself with this comment. Sherman had no reason to apologize. Justin Bieber, a burgeoning criminal who is not an American citizen, does.

biebs-sherman

Egads, the horror.

Obama says he has confidence in all of his nominees. That confidence is often misplaced. Obama was never vetted, and he doesn’t vet many of his appointees.

This made me laugh.

YouTube Preview Image

"Obama was never vetted, and he doesn’t vet many of his appointees."

I disagree, Bryan. He does vet them. If they agree with him, they're in.

Simple, effective, and it's working.

Have to agree about Sherman. Coming out of the heat of battle with adrenaline rushing through the veins we can expect sports heroes to sound a bit over-the-top. That said, his little explosion was pretty tame compared to some other figures after winning "The Big One", not naming names. Yeah, he was an unctuous blowhard. So was Muhammad Ali. Big deal.

Bieber needs to get help soon, otherwise we can expect to find his ground-up remains in a ditch amid the tangled detritus of a collision between a six-figure vehicle and a concrete embankment.
Can Justin Bieber ever become an adult? Not as long as he can rake in bushels of cash for being such an adolescent jackass.
A safe prediction is a very, very unhappy personal life for him as he ages chronologically; all of that money won't ever be able to help him become a man.
He's going to drag down lots of others with him. He personifies short-sighted opportunism.
Karma will rendez-vous with Sherman at the Super Bowl.
The Sherman clip being bantered around is the SECOND clip of Sherman expressing himself immediately after the game. The first was for Fox Mundo sports. Sherman made almost exactly the same comment to a large Hispanic man, and they both were smiling. He makes that comment to a pretty blond white girl, and THEN he is labelled a thug.
And what did Sherman actually say that was so bad? He called himself the best, and he called his opponent "sorry ass." I've heard bigger smack talk from fat 50-year-old guys on the YMCA basketball court.

I love the case "Little Sisters of the Poor versus Sebelius."
You can't make that stuff up. The government has lost at each court, and just keeps doubling down. If you were a Sister's attorney, wouldn't you love to put that case on your resume?
I mistakenly reported Fail Burton's comment (meant to press on "show more"). Sorry about that.

But I don't understand tne Sherman "outrage" either. Called himself the best CB in the league two minutes after a game winning play that sent his team yo the superbowl? Gee, what a blowhard.

Said the reciever he intercepted is a "sorry ass" reciever? Not nice, but as trash talk goes, not exactly shocking. Are we supposed to think that reciever is now on suicide watch due to Sherman's intolerable insult? Well, if he *is*, he shouldn't be playing pro ball...

I saw all the media attention the clip was getting and was sure that at least threatened to kill someone or claimed to be some sort of dangerous gang member. Then I saw the video and thought, "that's *it*?"
Thank you. Couldn't agree more.
I have yet to be part of a circle of acquaintances that would not boot someone like Sherman out, and in many cases I mean literally as in the head, because you will be forced to that point over nothing. A guy like that will kill a party or any other kind of fun quicker than a flock of nuns. I never heard of Sherman before this.

The more I watch old youtube of his antics, which are non-stop, the more I realize him getting his leg broken during a game is a form of entertainment Sherman himself tacitly endorses. And so I will be entertained if that happens to Sherman.

He is a misery of a yap machine straight out of a stereotype factory. Sherman's culture is exactly why kids kill each other in Chicago, and exactly why kids influenced by other cultural guidelines don't. It's called peace. Otherwise just standing on a street corner or riding the bus becomes a gladiatorial event.

Don't tell me it doesn't, I've seen too many. I've seen knives pulled cuz some pimpish moron decided he had to have his knee skewed out onto the aisle when people were trying to get onto a crowded bus. And then there's the likeable "What are you looking at" when one isn't really looking at anything. That's always fun.

The same CBS newsite that announced the Seahawks win also had the story of a man stabbed cuz some Sherman thought deaf sign language was gang signs. Same thing happened with a beating on a MPLS bus in 1995. Oh my the disrespect.

I saw a guy get hit in the head with a brick cuz of two morons just like Sherman. His crime? Coming home from a hard day's work cutting giant lots of weeds for the city, he slowly rode his bike a little two close to the must-be-respected. He was thrown onto the ground. He went into his nearby apartment and got his 38. and put it into the chest of one of these morons just to retrieve his bike. Bricks, blood and a gun from exactly nothing, and two on one. That's Sherman, who is a type I know, recognize, and despise. Him and his loud mouth culture are toxic, and a thing you not only do not see outside of America, but a thing people do not accept outside America.

Please go hang out around these people and see the wreckage they create in every urban center in America instead of getting in the car and driving by it. Sure, it seems invisible then. Fun on TV too. Somewhat less in real life. Try it in your living room and see how many minutes it takes to be driven nuts but tell me you won't be cuz charity.

Please save me from the grace of Richard Sherman. All his straight A's and charity work don't mean squat compared to the influential message he's giving to kids who look up to him. Except they have no TV cameras and NFL and crowds to stop them from killing each other over a look. Sherman shouldn't be apologizing, he should be holding a press conference denouncing his own past consistent conduct and promising to not do it any more. There is no place in a civilized society for men like Sherman. That used to be an agreed on thing. No more. Now it's part of the "game."

I enjoyed many a basketball and football game long before Billy "White Shoes" Johnson and all the chest-thumping and antics and lion roars and I could do it again without a blink. Frankly, they bore me and so does their fist-pumping adrenaline. I don't recall Sandy Kolfax and Jim Kaat grimacing like a snarling tiger and nor did they need to.

Take cretins like Sherman out of the game and it would be a boon, not a loss. The truth is the people who excuse Sherman have never been forced to spend time with men like that with no oversight or protection whatsoever. On the street, it goes bad real fast.
"Take cretins like Sherman out of the game and it would be a boon, not a loss."

Hey FB, ever hear of Larry Bird?
Thank you for providing some sanity regarding the Sherman "outrage".