The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

January 21, 2014 - 7:30 am

New York under Gov. Andrew Cuomo is currently running ads that attempt to sell the Empire State as a great place to do business. But last week, Gov. Cuomo put a limit on the kind of people he wants in the state. Conservatives have no place in New York, he said.

Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are.

Cuomo’s intolerant statement echoes similar statements made by Democrat mayors in Chicago and Boston last year, who tried to block Chick-fil-A from opening restaurants in those cities because the owner believes in the traditional definition of marriage. Simply put, it has become a mainstream Democrat position to tell about half the country, or a majority in the case of the Second Amendment, that they are somehow less than full Americans with the full rights of citizenship. “They have no place in the state of New York” is clear enough.

Talk radio titan and Fox News Channel host Sean Hannity now says that since Cuomo has revealed his bigtotry, Hannity is taking his show out of New York.

“Now I want to tell you something – I was born and raised in New York,” Hannity said. “I want you to know that and I can’t wait to get out of here. I really can’t. I don’t want to pay their 10-percent state tax anymore. I live in the second-highest property taxed county in the entire country in Nassau County. I can’t wait to sell my house to somebody who wants it. I can’t wait to pay no state income tax down in Florida or Texas. I haven’t decided yet, but I’m leaning Florida because I like the water and I like to fish.”

Low-tax, deep-red Texas would certainly welcome Hannity as it has already welcomed Glenn Beck. Beck relocated his entire Blaze and GBTV operation to the Dallas area in 2011.

Wherever Hannity goes, “Gov. Cuomo, I’m going to leave and I’m taking all of my money with me – every single solitary penny,” he said, adding that he also employs a number of people.

Update: Cuomo is backtracking and blaming the media for accurately reporting what he said.

It is about time people leave NY, NJ, CA, IL etc. just like they left Detroit. Many years ago a company I was working for left a huge building just outside NYC. It was cheaper to pay off the 10 YEARS left on the lease and move the operation to Massachusetts (of all places). I know that has been happening steadily for decades. This situation will reach a point when people are going to start trampling each other to get out of there. The real estate will devalue to nothing and the whole NY scheme will collapse. The hard truth now is that London and NY are nothing compared to Singapore, Tokyo, or Hong Kong. Business needs NY less and less. It's old, decrepit, the roads are bad and there are too many undesirables around. That bully Cuomo is one of them.
I stopped travelling to New York after they banned smoking in Central Park. And now I am not welcome in the city because I support right-to-life! Wow!
How about this. Extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, non-supportive-of-the-gay-choice should tell New York and New York City to shove it.

Conservatives should forget about going to NY or NY City for vacations and trips. Don't go to Broadway to take in a show. Don't rent rooms in hotels. Don't spend money in the City or State that believes it is okay to kill the unborn, to confiscate legally-acquired guns, and who believe that God either doesn't exist or had no reason to make man and woman so uniquely different. Liberals constantly threaten cities and states that believe in conservative principles. Then we conservatives need to do likewise to the bastions of liberalism/progressiveness/communism (hear that California?).
This mom is blessed; I just want to add her story. She has been unemployed for months but now receiving money in her spare time on laptop. She basically makes $6000-$8000 a month online. Check out here http://7.ly/emjG
Many, many New Yorkers disagree with Andrew Cuomo's intolerant comments. In Westchester County, NY (the gov's own home county) we just re-elected a conservative Republican county exec - Rob Astorino, who is pro-life and pro-second amendment. He was elected promising to stop the Dems' annual tax increases, and has kept his word - no County tax increases 4 years running, and kept the County's AAA bond rating. Perhaps gov Cuomo is worried about a certain opponent this November.
Here's an idea, Sean Hannity has announced on his Tuesday Jan. 22, show he's leaving New York. Also, he mentioned he's entertaining entering a bid for Presidential Elections. As an Ultra Conservative Sean Hannity will open the "right-of-center" political spectrum completely. Many are the Right of Center potential candidates for national elective office. Most of current potential candidates for national elective office are brandishing the GOP,RNC and Republican banner. Sean Hannity, attempting to "right this ship" the Republican Titanic, would exhaust his agenda with in-fighting, inter- nicene fights, petty dust-ups and out right name calling from entrenched Washington DC Republican Elites. The best thing for Sean Hannity to do is have a conference with Gen. Villely and his cupola, to: 1)organize a national Tea Party, and 2) solidify the new National Tea Party platform, planks and agenda. Sean Hannity would be the ONLY individual capable of pulling this off...something to think about. Pray. Amen. God Bless America.
Join a Tea Party. URGENTLY!!!
Media Matters is another poster child of tolerance (NOT). A few days ago I made multiple comments on there, ruffled some thin skins, and found all of my comments deleted. Every comment was fact based without course language. The majority of articles treat FOX like enemy number 1. No one took credit for deleting.
Isn't Media Matters owned by George Soros?
Weird..........another "Left them eat cake" moment from a rich, powerful and disconnected Leftist,

His enormous wealth and his elected position allows him to live life surrounded by paid, heavily armed security, in isolated, gated splendor while publically calling those whom feel the 2nd Amendment is important as "extreme."

We need a Constitutional Amendment that prevents transplants from one state from voting in their new state for at least 5 years. Otherwise these Liberal Locusts simply destroy their old state and spread their destruction to their next state. Trust me as a lifelong Southerner, the people in those failed states have learned nothing. They all think the neighbors in their new state are dying to adopt The Yankee Way of Life. We'd be better off if we sealed the Blue States off and let them fight over the last scraps of food and energy.
New Jersey and New York are moving to Virginia. That has to be discouraged. Look what they have done to Charlottesville.
Arrgh! I guess now Hannity has his subject for his radio and TV show for the rest of the month. I don't know how people can watch and listen to him spout the same crapola day in and day out. I can't turn him off either medium fast enough.
If I hear dirty air and dirty water one more time I'll scream!
All Hannity does is read the big blogs and tell you what he thinks about the headline of the day. Then he has the usual suspects tell you the usual conventional wisdom, plus what SH thinks about it. If you can read a blog you don't need Sean Hannity. He and Michael Savage are the least talented radio hosts on the air. You hear nothing on Hannity's show you don't hear on every other show, except Hannity seemed to have Karl Rove on every 5 minutes.
Iran, North Korea, Syria, New York state... Places where the right to life is considered "extreme".
I have long felt that identity politics will create regional enclaves in America. Because of immigration and the de fault identity bickering that comes with that, I don't think Florida and Texas will be a part of that in the future.

What you'll see is internal immigration that will increasingly concentrate around more or less accidentally agreed upon areas. I suspect the best candidate will be everything West of the Mississippi excluding CA. Oreg. WA and the southern border areas. Let's see how the unproductive also-rans of the Dem Party fare once half the country stops footing the bill.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to live where I am anti-gay and a racist by default, and I don't think it's a good idea to build statues to people with mental health issues, who ignore the law, and who build careers whining and expressing self-pity.

That's not productivity nor success but naked failure. We already have two Americas: one that is anti-American and one which is not. It's only natural the like-minded will be geographically attracted to one another once they are pushed hard enough institutionally and financially. Frankly I'd love to see welfare patients stuck in an increasingly failed welfare region and with no better region to go to. Let Dems rule over failure. They can have it, and Detroit too, but this time one they can't leave.

One can easily envision a ruined Detroit-like America on the one hand and a high-tech, law and order and rather peaceful America on the other. If that happens, you'll see a more stark expression of what's actually going on now: liberal constituents huddling as close to anti-gay Islamophobic racists as they possibly can. But 100 years from now, strict state border controls and notions of citizenship based on what you can offer may prevent that.

Is there a possibility of secession 100 years from now? Why not? History isn't a frozen river.
Please please please stay out of Texas. And no, we won't bail you out when your state goes broke.
Why do you think the commielibs won't move in and take over the conservative enclaves? That is how they have gained power over the US. It only takes a couple of commielibs to speak up and the conservatives clam up, and then flee to some sort of "gated-community" hoping to avoid liberals. Liberals fight until they take something over. Conservative fight the idea that they need to fight. Liberals are activists, conservatives are inactivists.
I was indulging in open and wild speculation. In my scenario, the people within those enclaves would be sufficiently radicalized by sad experience that they wouldn't allow themselves to be infiltrated again. I'm talking about regional disobedience on a massive level and with strictly maintained borders. It would be pretty much an open rebellion.
Cuomo intolerant? Hmmm...quite a few of the commenter's below demonstrate the very same trait.

Republicans just a hypocritical as the Dems? Seems so.
It does not make one hypocritical if they are intolerant of intolerance...

Although two wrongs do not make a right, three lefts do, or an uppercut followed by a right cross.
1 2 3 Next View All

2 Trackbacks to “Sean Hannity Says He’s Leaving New York Following Gov. Cuomo’s Intolerant Statement Against Conservatives (Updated)”