Stephen Green

August 9, 2014 - 10:00 am

DIRTY BIRD

So this is a thing happening in Britain:

Dirty Bird, a mainstay at music festivals and events across Wales, ruffled feathers with its new logo design, which appalled locals described as “completely inappropriate.”

“I was queueing up with my two young sons when I looked at the logo and realised what it represents,” unhappy Abigail Griffiths told Wales Online. “It is not the sort of thing that should be on display around children.”

“The food was finger-licking good, but when I saw the logo I was a bit shocked,” added Denise Leyshon, yet another unsatisfied customer. “It’s not really what you want to think about when you’re tucking into your meal.”

Dirty Bird’s boss Neil Young has defended the design, saying he won’t bow to public pressure to alter it. He also claimed he didn’t see any resemblance to the male anatomy.

Sounds to me like the company’s critics are just being crotchety.

….

cross-posted from Vodkapundit

Stephen Green began blogging at VodkaPundit.com in early 2002, and has served as PJMedia's Denver editor since 2008. He's one of the hosts on PJTV, and one-third of PJTV's Trifecta team with Scott Ott and Bill Whittle. Steve lives with his wife and sons in the hills and woods of Monument, Colorado, where he enjoys the occasional lovely adult beverage.

You said crotchety. *snort*
Ah yes....the old phallic fowl fallacy
That's a severe case of hyperspadias if I ever saw one. Not that I've ever saw one, no sir, not me, ever....
Chicken chain uses male chciken for logo. Cockerel. Not a hen.
Foghorn Leghorn could not be reached for comment.
Heh heh! I said "leg horn!"
Just checked... Nope, no beak, no eyeball. No feathers on the "accessories."

Sigh. One could wish that conservative people would not be as ridiculous as the left wing race loonies. My only comfort is that there don't seem to be as many of them (or they are not quite as vocal, anyway) to embarrass me.
Prudery isn't the exclusive domain of conservatives. The left wing has its prudes as well. They're as hung up about sex as the stereotypical Puritan - only their hangups are sort of inside-out. PC.

Yes, I said "hangups." I could also have said "uptight." There are a lot of uptight people with major hangups out there. Useful words.