Is Discrimination Against Boys Ruining the Economy?

Males are marginalized. (Unless they take up with the PC ruling class.)

Helen Smith

May 2, 2014 - 11:00 am

shutterstock_22531345

This is an important question, but the more important one is “does the current government care?” “Probably not,” I thought, as I read this recent article at the New York Times titled “A Link Between Fidgety boys and a Sputtering Economy?”:

By kindergarten, girls are substantially more attentive, better behaved, more sensitive, more persistent, more flexible and more independent than boys, according to a new paper from Third Way, a Washington research group. The gap grows over the course of elementary school and feeds into academic gaps between the sexes. By eighth grade, 48 percent of girls receive a mix of A’s and B’s or better. Only 31 percent of boys do….

By kindergarten, boys already fare much worse on social and behavioral measures than girls. The gender gap is even larger than the class gap and some racial gaps…

And in an economy that rewards knowledge, the academic struggles of boys turn into economic struggles. Men’s wages are stagnating. Men are much more likely to be idle — neither working, looking for work nor caring for family — than they once were and much more likely to be idle than women.

We reported last week that the United States had lost its once-enormous global lead in middle-class pay, based on international income surveys over the last three decades.

The traits that boys have in our current school system are seen as destructive and annoying. Our society does not reward “knowledge” as much as it rewards conformity and feminized traits. Teachers who don’t like the way boys act, particularly female teachers, give boys bad grades.

Add to this discrimination the current administration’s war against college men and you have a recipe for men bailing out of the system, going to the underground economy, or saying “to hell with it” and getting disability payments. Perhaps this is the plan of the current regime.

Boys and men are marginalized (unless they take up with the PC ruling class as many do), the politicians are made to look like they are helping girls and women who turn to them for ever more goods and services, and the economy not only sputters but starts to sink. People groan about the poor economy, not realizing that they are the ones contributing to it by their compliance, and the circle is complete. Will we break it before it is too late?

What do you think?
*****

Cross-posted from Dr. Helen’s blog

Helen Smith is a psychologist specializing in forensic issues in Knoxville, Tennessee, and blogs at Dr. Helen.
Weak parents produce weak children. I never tolerated teachers that tried to impose their will on me. I helped in a kindergarten class one day and the teacher was being nasty to one little boy who was having a hard time understanding what she wanted him to do. I stepped in and told her that I would help him so that she could help the other kids. I worked with the boy and got him to understand and he calmed down and was doing the work. The teacher looked over at me and told me to stop helping him, that he was always a problem, and she needed me too focus on the other kids. I told her that I would do no such thing, that the boy needed a little attention and he was almost done. She made the mistake of trying to pull rank on me. Needless to say I put her in her place and she didn't know what to do, so she decided to cut the assignment short just so that the boy wouldn't be able to finish it. Of course, many of the other kids couldn't finish it either. She started quickly cleaning things off the tables and started trying to explain the next assignment and the kids were getting agitated. She came to my table and I stopped her in her tracks and told her to move on, that the boy was going to finish the assignment whether she cared or not. The boy finished the assignment a few minutes later. At that point she asked me to leave. I told her that if she ever treats my son like that she would no longer be dealing with my wife, she would be dealing directly with me and that I was going to personally talk to the principal about her behavior as well as talk to the boy's parents, which I did. That teacher retired at the end of the year.

If you tolerate these types of people and do nothing then you are the problem. Don't tolerate them and challenge them at every opportunity. It's the only way.
This has been going on for a long, long time. A personal story on this -

My Elementary School class was assigned to draw our own, handmade, Thanksgiving cards. I did once featuring Pilgrims with Muskets, expired Turkey and all.

My parents were called in for a parent/teacher meeting (for which I was present), about the violent nature of my card. My Dad - Depression Era kid, WWII and Korea Veteran, not to be trifled with - savaged the teacher, and I distinctly remember him saying, "You F'ing people want to control our kid's minds!"

This occurred in 1966.
Thank goodness for all the ADD/ADHD boys who grew up to be the movers, the shakers, the explorers, the discoverers. The builders, the race car drivers, the firemen.
I fear we're drugging the future into nothing but mid-level bureaucrats.
No female should teach boys after they are three years old. And no three-year-olds should be in school. They belong at home with their mothers and running through the countryside with their brothers and dads. The morons who put twenty-three-year old girl teachers in the same classroom with seventeen-year-old boys should be horsewhipped.
Percentage of elementary school professionals who are female: Approximately 95%

Percentage of elementary school students put on "mood altering medication who are male: 92%

"Those whose names were never called/
When choosing sides at basketball"

are now running the Country. (h/t Janis Ian, 1966)
are now RUINING the Country.
America eats its young. Oh well, a new replacement population is on the way.
It's true in the working world, too. What "normal" male can sit in a cubicle all day?
Boys are simply not wired to sit on their butts 8 hrs. a day listening to some teacher spout off. Hence the ADD fad.
The pendulum seems now to be swinging in favor of women who then are quick to further this swing and adopt the "Gettin' even" attitude.

Over zillions of years and countless cultures women have been second-classed and subordinate to men, even now this persists outside of America.

Gloria Steinem [is she still around?] should go to Riyadh and rent a car.

Female infanticide is still a grim factor inside China.

American women who haven't travelled much abroad have little or no idea how "Equality" is defined almost everywhere else in the World.

The worst is the false diagnosis of ADD. All it really means is that he has a condition known as B-O-Y.
It isn't that simple; often ADD or ADHD are just a polite way to say BRAT. It is the rare juvenile male who is respectful of or deferential to anything he isn't afraid of, and I mean afraid in the sense of knowing that he can be caused actual harm. The modern mommy who won't discipline a child and won't let a man can't raise boys; they raise monsters, slackers, and manipulators.

I live in a much more macho world than most of America, but even in Alaska there are more men working in cubbies and being supervised by women than are out in the world of manly men working on fishing boats or oil rigs, or panning for gold, or working outside construction. I'm a self-medicated ADD with a fair share of BRAT in my younger days. Instead of Ritalin, which I don't think yet existed in my adolescence in the '60s, I took to caffeine and nicotine, it was a common path in my generation. Drugs and alcohol were often added to the mix and I visited there too; more than just visited the alcohol. In my mid-thirties I had a talk with myself about what I was going to do when I grew up. I never really answered the question but I did conclude that whatever it was wasn't going to involve Helly-Hanson rainwear or an Eddie Bauer North Slope Parka. So, I went to work for government, first federal, then State. I learned quickly that if you weren't naturally a feminized, manipulative weenie, you'd best be damned good at what you did.

The price of not being a weenie was doing work that the weenies were too lazy or too afraid to do. For the Feds I spent three years rattling around rural Alaska on beat up airplanes going to hostile places looking for a few million bucks the Fed had lost track of. I actually developed a taste for Pilot Biscuits slathered in Crisco or seal oil or with a slice of Spam, and I slept on all the best floors in Western and Arctic Alaska. Along the way my then wife developed a taste for weenies and their lifestyle and we split up. I kept our daughter and I couldn't spend weeks on the Yukon and Kuskokwim Rivers and raise a teenaged girl, so i went to work for the State, again doing a job that most were afraid to do. I spent the next twenty years dealing with the State's unions and its weenies; the weenies were more hostile. The ultimate weenies are Democrats and female Democrats are actually easier to take than male ones. Male Democrats are disgusting, lying, manipulative weenies to a man, using the word man loosely. Democrats, however, have no monopoly on weenieness, there are plenty of Republican weenies and plenty more weenies that are Republicans as a flag of convenience.

I don't think the feminized, manipulative weenie is what Jesus had in mind when he said the meek would inherit the Earth, but the weenies certainly have inherited most of it.
The Far Left, esp far left women, hate men. Far Left women expect men to support women. Anyone see a contradiction?

We need a lot less government and teacher interference in children's lives. Heck, we need much less government period. And far fewer busybody, conformist enforcing teachers with their wacky theories about education and learning.
As a woman, I hate to criticize how people look, but have you ever noticed how lefty men are ugly? What's up with that? Is leftism a way for ugly guys to get laid?
It sure was during the anti-war '60s.
"Is leftism a way for ugly guys to get laid?"

Brings to mind Limbaugh's assertion that feminism has provided a means for ugly women to hitch themselves to the wagons of power.

Good for you