Parents Begin Hormone Therapy on 9-Year-Old ‘Transgender’ Boy

"It just comes down to love..it's as simple and as pure as that."

Rhonda Robinson

April 29, 2014 - 4:00 pm
YouTube Preview Image

“It just comes down to love. I mean, if you love your child then you should do anything in the world for your child. And it’s as simple and as pure as that.”

This is not parental love. This is misguided, tragic indulgence. It’s as simple and pure as that. Parental love prepares a child for adulthood–momentary happiness has little to do with it.

Parental love sees beyond what a child currently wants, or thinks he wants, and gives him what he needs. What this child needs is unconditional love and a chance for his brain to mature and his body to fully develop.

It’s far beyond the comprehension of a child to see himself as an adult. To a child of nine, eighteen is a lifetime away. Neither Keat nor his parents can fathom what his life will be like as an adult. The physical and mental consequences of a chemically altered body through puberty cannot be fully understood and weighed.

What if Keat had Body Integrity Identity Disorder? The same feelings of being born wrong exist. A person with this disorder believes he or she would be happier without the appendages they were born with. Would these parents still be good parents by indulging this disorder with amputation before puberty?

Rhonda Robinson writes on the social, political and parenting issues currently shaping the American family. She lives with her husband and teenage daughter in Middle Tennessee. www.rhondarobinson.me Follow on twitter @amotherslife

No, they are not. They are a horrid experiment, and every medical professional involved should be imprisoned.
Because the kid's 9 years old?

Can't we let someone finish puberty, at least, before subjecting them to this Mengelian experiment?
Johns Hopkins ended sex reassignment surgery several years ago after concluding that the surgery was ineffective and that Gender Identity Disorder was best treated via psychiatric methods.
She's not on HRT yet (says the video), but she will start a testosterone blocker soon, and later in her teens, female hormones. The title is misleading.
Maybe this might help inform:

Sexual Hormones and the Brain: An Essential Alliance for Sexual Identity and Sexual Orientation Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35
The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb. However, since sexual differentiation of the genitals takes place in the first two months of pregnancy and sexual differentiation of the brain starts in the second half of pregnancy, these two processes can be influenced independently, which may result in extreme cases in trans-sexuality.
Uh,,,,I thought the liberals said the ONLY difference between men and women were societal conventions. So they're going to infuse female hormones into this boy's body before puberty? This poor kid will eventually commit suicide because his mind and body will have been ruined by his parents in a disgusting, public show of liberal "tolerance". Then of course, the parents will blame Conservative "hate and intolerance" for killing their son/daughter/hormone monster/ societal experiment/ progressive statement offspring. This poor kid doesn't have a chance. Talk about parental abuse.
Our Creator, God, decided before the foundations of the earth, who and what we are. He is never wrong. These "parents" however, are monstrously wrong. This child should be removed from their care immediately and given psychiatric help for whatever evil they have perpetrated upon him.
Your creator, your parents, obviously infected you with bs that you cannot shake. "God" (parents) created children with all type of defects, are you suggesting that they should not be treated? Children with cleft pallet, down syndrome, handicaps? You should stop your 'high horse' routine, it really is a detriment to you and society.
The published timeline (from several sources):

• Keat Rhodes was diagnosed with gender identity disorder aged 7

• Nine-yr-old has full support of her adoptive parents Emily and Clint LeVan

• Has been made subject of a Facebook hate campaign

• In November, will have first appointment to discuss testosterone blockers

• Age 15 will have counselling to determine if ready to start hormone therapy

• Age 18 will be eligible for full gender reassignment surgery

Not the best, not the worst. There it is........
I would like those "parents" and any medical person involved in this mengele crap shot dead. Perhaps, if this evil world is till here when he grows up, he will do the honors himself.
I am not going to assume the parents are abusive. Unless there is evidence otherwise (and there isn't evidence either way in a 3 minute video) I will simply assume they are misguided.

But basing such an extreme treatment on the feelings of a child isn't for the best no matter how strong those feelings are. Like others here I had my own identity crises as a child for many years. How my parents handled it was very supportive. When I was younger it was greeted with the same support as expressing desire to be an animal or garbage man: Some things are more possible than others, but we have lots of time to talk about it. As I got older it was greeted with sympathy but a reminder that one must always work within the confines of reality.

Through school I dressed in a very gender neutral fashion and hung out pretty exclusively with kids of the opposite sex. No one ever really thought about where our sexuality was going except in the most abstract of terms until high school. Even then I didn't date much, and honestly most of my peers didn't either. I wondered if I was homosexual because I found members of my own sex more attractive than members of the opposite sex. But then I didn't really find the idea of being homosexual appealing, so I put off dating until I found someone who seriously turned me on.

I am now married with children and I still have some gender bending behavior but it's just part of me. I don't think of it in terms of sexuality as much as part of what is uniquely me. In fact I didn't even think of my previous sexual confusion until reading some of the comments here and wondering how my life might have gone if I had had parents that were more inclined to indulge my confusion as a child, or encouraged me to "explore" my sexuality in high school. Instead at the age of this boy I was encouraged to be me (whatever that was) in an asexual way, because children are ultimately asexual until puberty. Why not just let him play with girly toys? Take dance or cheer or whatever he wanted that is traditionally feminine? Teach him to love and appreciate himself AS HE IS. Instead he gets the message that he WAS born wrong and needs to be fixed. In our culture where gender bending is celebrated, why not just let him grow up without any pressure on his sexuality and then love him as a feminine man which may or may not mean homosexuality? I would assume they are open to it since they are already open to gender reassignment.

To me treating a child with gender identity issues is almost an act of desperation. It isn't supportive but a desperate attempt to pretend he is normal. I honestly doubt he will have any easier time in life as a girl who was born a boy than he would as a boy that isn't quite a boy. They want to change him early so they can hide it. Is agreeing there is something wrong with him better for his development than simply telling him that he is fine and just needs to find his place? Lots of little girls like pink, but the room/toys/clothes I see in that video smack of desperation, of PROVING he really is a girl and can't you tell by everything being SUPER PINK?

My heart weeps for the whole family, and a society that has lost its way.
The parents see an opportunity to become progressive icons here. To proudly proclaim that THEY didn't lock their child into societal conventions. Munchausen by proxy is what's going on here. They are going to solidify their liberal bona fides by destroying their son. The parents should be horse whipped.
Why? Because two things have happened in this post-modern age.

1. In the Progressive Story, girls are the heroes and men are the villains (unless they're Muslims).

2. Sex and Sexuality have been weaponized.
Our society has indulged in sexualizing its children as early as possible for some years now. Innocence is treated as something which is permanently out of fashion. It's tragic for many people.
To me this boils down to one thing. Who has moral authority to do anything, but God in such a case. Jesus taught that if anyone loves son or daughter, mother or father more than Him then they are not worthy of Him. Being unworthy to stand with Christ is all the punishment that is described. He also said that since the beginning God has made us male and female, which emphasizes the presumptuousness on these people's parts. In any case, who are we in society to not just say, but enforce that these people and this child even can't make that very decision, who say they are acting out of their pure and simple love, and who would most likely pass a lie detector and psyche analysis, I'm sure. I would imagine that a person, whose very soul even perhaps, decides that this life is all there is should like to get on with it at a very young age might do just that if they were so bold, the option was feasible, and this was their bent. I feel that in situations like this I really simply do not care - it's none of my business, but the ones who I can't help feeling utter disgust for are those who applaud it.
Poor kid. His parents are using him to express their own confusion. Are there no grandparents around to slap some sense into mom and dad?
None of this is new. Progressivism is back in the driver's seat.

Dr. John Money and David Reimer:

Dr. Money was a monster. There are monsters among us now, such as Peter Singer.
SO:

When the kid grows up and realizes it was all a terrible mistake and kills his parents, does he get off for temporary insanity or justifiable homicide?
Good thing he doesn't believe he's a pony.
1 2 3 Next View All