Rule of Law

Hey GOP, Meet Four Dreamers Who Want Your Amnesty

May 7th, 2014 - 10:36 am

Many in the Republican Party don’t understand the political ramifications of amnesty.  If they did, they wouldn’t support it.

GOP reform advocates don’t understand that Democrats are pushing immigration reform because they want the country to turn permanently Democrat and to lurch leftward and unhook from America’s founding principles of individual liberty and limited government.

Republicans who support amnesty don’t understand the inertia of culture.  They think the new citizens who will benefit from their amnesty can be reasoned with and persuaded by the force of argument to vote for Republicans.

Seriously.

The problem is these former illegal aliens and their children won’t even see the GOP narrative.  Culture is a more powerful force than reason, and certainly more powerful than the Republican Party’s ability to generate and penetrate with a narrative.  Race groups like LULAC have built a cultural edifice around these populations that no RNC Growth and Opportunity Project tweet will penetrate.

Establishment Republicans clamoring for amnesty can’t point to a single victory of the moderate GOP narrative against the cultural-media-money edifice of the left.  Go ahead, name one.

The closest thing to a “victory” from the moderate pro-amnesty wing of the GOP usually consists of being subsumed by the agenda of the left.

That isn’t a victory.  That’s eradication.

Instead of a Republican or conservative narrative, the former illegal aliens, now American citizens, will see the narrative created by folks like the four individuals who landed in my email box today.

A left-wing group sent me an email announcing a crop of “FirstGEN Fellows” to work on immigration issues.  These are the people who want the GOP-driven immigration amnesty.  Let’s meet them. First, Genesis Garfio. From the press release:

genesis

Genesis Garfio is a DREAMer who attends Columbia University. She is studying political science and economics in the prelaw track. Garfio is a member of Chicano Caucus, an organization dedicated to provide members of the Columbia University student body who self-identify as Chicano, Mexican, or Mexican-American, with an environment that will help them to fulfill their educational goals and to promote cultural consciousness. She is also a member of the Columbia Democrats. Garfio is heavily involved with the LGBTQ community on campus and serves as an SAT/college prep tutor for students in Harlem. She considers Houston, Texas her home, but is originally from Chihuahua, Mexico. She will be placed with the Washington, D.C., office of the National Immigration Law Center.

Genesis the Dreamer is the just sort of activist in training who will be sure to remind those who “self-identify as Chicano” that conservative ideas are the enemy of “Chicanos” everywhere.

Meet FirstGen Fellow Nirvana Felix:

nirvana

Nirvana Felix attends the University of California, Berkeley, as a social welfare major with intended minors in public policy and education. She is currently part of an organization on campus called Inside the Living Room, which assists immigrants and refugees in completing political/LGBTQ/domestic violence asylum. Felix is passionate about empowering and educating people of color, especially Pilipinos, in their endeavors to maneuver their way towards higher education and beyond. She currently interns for the bridges Multicultural Resource Center and has assisted in the planning and implementation of the Graduate School Tour, a weeklong trip during which undergraduate students are given the opportunity to tour various East Coast graduate schools. Felix hopes to one day work for a nonprofit organization focused on education reform. She was born and raised in San Jose, California, and will be placed with the Lawyers’ Committee.

Meet more dreamers who want the GOP-driven immigration amnesty on the next page.

I don't care about the nationality of origin of my countrymen, I only care about the nation to whom they hold the highest allegiance.

I don't care about the number of countrymen allowed to join our nation, only that the number reflects the advancement of our needs and actually is designed to fulfill theirs.

Anyone who respects our laws, our Constitution, our flag...is welcomed into my world with open arms.

If 15 million people crash our borders, disrespect our laws, undermine our Constitution, turn my flag upside down to fly theirs in my country, tell me to educate their children, cover their healthcare, bring an infestation of 500,000 gangbangers and drug, gun and human smuggling to our shores...and work with the traitor class here to weaponize government against our Constitutional, free market, self-representative foundations...what, precisely is the attraction I am supposed to find in granting them the unfair favoritism they demand?

The men and women of honor who wait patiently in line are trampled past in favor of those who insult our sense of consistency, order and fair play?

I am NOT interested in building an army of traitors to fill the ranks of the totalitarian overthrow. I am NOT interested in further weaponizing tyranny through the phony slanders of race warfare, religious warfare or national origin warfare.

To be my countryman, you need only to respect my country. I don't see that in this debate.

In fact, I see repeated signs of abject disrespect. I see DEMANDS and ingratitude. Anyone who isn't ASKING ME...but instead is TELLING ME that I MUST make them a countryman...one of us doesn't understand the process.

It isn't the nationality...I don't care, never ask. It is the attitude and manner of seeking my embrace of your fellow citizen status.

If the criminal enterprise operating as an overthrow party wants you merely to give that overthrow insurmountable numbers...and you willingly participate in that lawless and seditious aim...you are not chasers of a DREAM, you are conspirators to crush a 350 year old one that we shed blood to preserve.

For these reasons, my answer to blanket amnesty is...come back to my front door and ring the bell. There may be a line, but the door will always swing wide open for anyone willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with me to preserve the freedoms, liberties and honor of the greatest nation ever built.
Are you a Dem troll? Here in the Southwest, there is widespread cross border drug smuggling and gang activities, areas of cities that might as well be part of Mexico (no one speaks or wants to learn English). Read Dr. Hanson's stories of the Central Valley in California which is rapidly turning into a lawless Third World craphole.
Opening the border is tantamount to surrendering our national sovereignty. The GOP governors and congressmen supporting it are cheap whores for the Chamber of Commerce backed destruction of working class America.
Because of lib narratives that involve the failings of straight white men, the Dem default solution is diversity. But "diversity" is never aimed at Uruguay, Indonesian Legong or Brazilian samba music, Indian Bollywood films, middle-weight boxing, the NBA, Arab literature, Egyptian TV, Taiwanese soap operas or a thousand other things I could mention, including the apparently sad but yet not sad racial "monoculture" of Africa.

That's because the reality is that "diversity" is a newly created "N-word" created just for white people. So, illegal aliens flood us. They in turn advocate for even more. The tipping point is probably too far advanced to shut off. No matter what we do, the immigration bureau, whatever the hell it is, continues to import, completely disconnected from the American public.

No matter what we do, law continues to ignore illegality. What private citizen has the resources to guard our borders, emergency wards, schools, military, etc? I thought we had law enforcement for that.

Libs just can't figure this one out. In their Orwellian minds, it is just fine to attack an entire culture based on geography, but which is successful. It is just as wrong to do so to the failed Third World. That's not even an argument, so how can you win it? It's just racism-lite seen as justice.

Anyone who's traveled - really traveled - around the Third World quickly comes to accept the fact that it is place that has no interest in or talent for something like creating and maintaining a Constitution. It is a dog-eat-dog world of broken sidewalks with a two-inch pipe in the middle for no reason, razor-wire walls, con games, institutional racism and bigotry, massive pollution, indifference to suffering, no human rights, and general incompetence.

The Dem view is they are all unlucky rocket scientists by virtue of colonialism and the whole nine yards. Once here, their talents will be unleashed just as they were for Jews, Irish, Polish, etc. But those people were Europeans, a culture of staggering intellectual aggressiveness where one guy, an amateur, on his own, figured out the secret of molds just because; a story now forgotten and so obscure I can't even find it again. Multiply him by millions. There is no one doing that from Timbuktu to Tierra del Fuego using their own native cultures, even with Western blueprints.

We used to recognize success and invest in it, and marginalize and ostracize failure. Now we call failure noble and success corruption. Our universities were once dedicated to principled knowledge - now they are ideological and racist/sexist failure-factories. Why are we then surprised we are a de facto suicide cult bent on transforming America into an eventual failure? Why is Detroit not a wake up call of what happens when failure is left to its own devices and allowed to spread? "It is what it is" has no meaning any more. "It is what it isn't - cuz I say so and want it to be true" is the new motto.
RINOs are too stupid to realize that all these Mexicans will be voting for homosexual marriage, higher taxes and more welfare spending, as well as for Hillary Clinton and other Demoncrats.
Diversity has become a DIRTY word for me. I began despising it when the General mentioned it in his speech at the memorial service at Ft. Hood. The man who killed and wounded those soldiers had taken everything he could get from Americans, many of whom would have loved to get the education he got for free. IT'S TIME TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!
The nativist case summarized: We have a problem: Recent immigrants don't trust capitalism. Let's make it worse!

I'm no more impressed by this than I am by the similar claim that we need affirmative action to counteract racial prejudice.
Wouldn't it be nice to see some of these Dreamers who are majoring in US history and whose extracurricular activities included helping immigrants to assimilate into the American culture? We do not need more victimologists in America.
Victimology feeds the cycle. Without it, the Left has literally nothing to talk about.
I'm all for immigration reform. We need it. But what's being proposed isn't reform, but complexification.
We don't need a new path to citizenship. We need a single, but simpler, path for ALL who seek citizenship. One process for all, without the special rules for different groups, and without the huge fees currently involved.
...and reform where US Citizens define the rules, not those who've violated our sovereignty, rub it in our faces, and demand yet more treasure.
I think the Church Militant has greatly contributed to the problem, then wonder why they are in decline.
The "church" today was called "Holy Roller" yesterday. ....it's not my church.
Hubby borrowed $8,000.00 from family & friends in the late '90's for his grand American "experiment" (immigrating to the USA from Canada) & was successful enough (back then) to pay everyone back in a timely manner with interest. His reasons for immigrating: 1) To keep more of his money, (higher taxes in Canada). 2) The 1st Amendment. 3) The 2nd Amendment. 4) Escaping Socialized Medicine, (his Father had to wait 6 months to see a Cardiologist & died, as a result). FYI...CONVENIENTLY, the Canadian government DOES NOT require that records be kept on how many people die waiting to see a Dr...perhaps their idea of the "ultimate" in "population control"!!. Hubby also paid an Immigration Lawyer $10,000.00 to get his H1B1 Visa converted to a Green Card. Hubby "invested" in the "American Dream"...to be here "legally". Today's "illegals" feel "entitled" to be here because they "contribute " to the co2 - oxygen exchange...that's how low we set the bar now. Hubby says that the reasons he immigrated here are fast disappearing. I have encouraged him to remain a Canadian Citizen, in case we have to "escape" in a hurry...[SIGH].

cfbleachers, you brought tears to my eyes!! WHY can't SOMEONE...ANYONE in elected office articulate this? I was raised in an immigrant Italian neighborhood & my BFF tells me that as a child she remembers that no one would "hire those d@go's", (her parents were immigrants & we were the only poor white family in this immigrant neighborhood). These enterprising "newly minted Americans " just started their own "Mom & Pop Businesses" rather than whine that no one would hire them. BFF's Dad had contracted polio as a child in Sicily, but as a 9 year old he was a Pearl Diver in the Mediterranean Sea, since he could easily swim. In the USA he never found a challenge he couldn't overcome, including inventing special equipment that allowed him to use his hands (not feet) for driving. He PROUDLY told me that he was a "Naturalized American Citizen"...LONG before I had ANY IDEA what that meant!! THIS is the type of immigrant I WELCOME!!
I don't believe that supporting amnesty has a thing to do with not understanding all the ramifications of legalization for illegals. George Bush, Jeb Bush, Rand Paul and a host of other Republican stalwarts support legalization. And they, the Republican supporters, are as big a touchy, feelie pollyannas as any of the democrats. Let's all save the world.
A free America has become a playground for extortionists of varying stripes to reap the benefits of hard-working productive generations of Americans who toiled in the for-profit sector. They do it here because it's easy and comfortable.

None of the Dreamers listed will create wealth or value that didn't already exist. They are simply political operatives. They will live from wages funded by productive Americans who contributed - either voluntarily or involuntarily to their pet cause. All to help succeeding generations of grifters do the same thing.
Whatmeworry...You nailed it!! That was my EXACT thought when I read their stories...a bunch of "community organizers"!! NOT ONE pursuing a degree in Business or the hard sciences...NOT ONE that will create ANY useful goods OR services!!
1 2 3 Next View All