Rule of Law

Add Me to the List of IRS Targets

May 14th, 2013 - 4:25 pm

Franklin Graham, the Tea Party, and Larry Conners all faced the wrath of the Obama IRS.

You can add me to that list.

After Obama was elected, I faced my first IRS audit shakedown after decades of filing income tax returns. Overdue coincidence?  Perhaps.

Given the headlines of the past 48 hours, perhaps not.

My audit experience was a headache, as anyone who has experienced one can attest.  When it happened, a former IRS lawyer with whom I associated in private practice told me – “it’s no accident you were audited.”

I brushed it off.  But I wonder how many left-wing election lawyers and leftist bloggers were audited.  Any Media Matters drones face an audit in the last four years? Step right up and announce yourself if you did.

Now we are learning that IRS employees committed crimes to aid the Left – shaking down conservative groups for information, and leaking the results to the Left.

I saw the IRS letters to Tea Party groups years ago.  They read like an opposition researcher’s fantasy:  demands for the names of volunteers, money, content of speeches, donors, offices, on and on and on.

Last week President Obama addressed Ohio State University students.  He told them to ignore the voices warning them of big intrusive government.  In doing so, he gave the middle finger to the philosophy and people who launched this nation.

Ronald Reagan was the better of Obama in so many ways, including his understanding of human history. He rightly warned us of a danger as old as time – that “freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.”

This wild, disturbing and dishonest week makes clear which of the two presidents was right.

And about that IRS shakedown — after the audit and many hours of wasted time, the IRS ended up owing me $100.

(Thumbnail on PJM homepage based on a modified Shutterstock.com image.)

Related: Emails Show Holder Justice Department Colludes with Lefist Outfit to Attack PJM Writer

Update: To read how a Philly area Tea Party eventually shut down because of the IRS abuse, read this.

Really- thats a goal? Is there a bullet point someplace on the GOP website you could share, or is this a mental telepathy thing you have going on?

Personally I dont see myself as a victim. I see myself as a citizen, outraged. I think theres a lot more of us out there, of all colors, and beliefs, who feel the same, beyond the narrow segments you have defined. And we don't need Boehner to speak for us, either.

I think you need to go back to Daily Kos or DU, where this stuff will attract more flies friendly to your mindset.

Back in the late 80's the IRS sent me a letter saying I had done my taxes wrong and they owed me a bigger refund.

Then several months later they sent me a letter saying that in fact I had done my taxes right originally and they had done their calculations wrong -and they billed me for return the increased portion of the refund - PLUS PENALTY AND INTEREST.

In the mid-90's they told me I had done my taxes wrong and that I owed them $1200. I could not figure out how they got their numbers - and they did not explain - but I sent in the money they requested. I next got a letter from them thanking me for clearing up the matter - along with a check for $500! By subtracting the $500 they sent back from the $1200 they said I owed, I was able to figure out the error I had made.

They are not just corrupt; they're stupid.

Since the dawn of civilization the tax man has been the natural predator of humans. Read your history if you doubt it. What's important here is the hand that held the leash. The administration blithely purports that this was just some self-directed, mindless apparatus doing what it does best. This is a lie. There was intention, there was direction, there was planning and there was a clear objective in mind. We are under attack.
How about the request (demands) to pro-life groups: have all members sign a pledge to not picket Planned Parenthood under penalty of law, and requests for the content of prayers...
Okay, a question for you Mr. Adams. Would any of this actually be a problem today if ALL political groups were required to file under 527 and and the FEC as they should be? When the 521 was modeified by congress exchanging the word "exclusively" to "primarily" that opend the flood gateds for all politcal groups to file under the 521 and escape full financial disclosures. Next question. Who is responsible to investigate and determine a 521 vs. a 527 filing?

Shouldn't the rage be directed at congress to clean up the corruption they created and require all political groups to incorporate under 527 and the FEC?
I had my first run-in with the IRS this year. A few months back I received a letter from the IRS stating that we had failed to include a tax credit repayment on our income tax return form. They stated that they were automatically deducting the amount from our tax return. What baffled me was that the tax credit repayment was $500 (and was clearly included in the appropriate place on the form), yet they withheld $250.

After an hour and a half on the phone, I finally got the money back. I wrote it off as lazy auditing within the IRS. Now I'm not so sure.
John Bolton, ex-ambassador to the UN, says he was audited last year, as well. Same boat as J. C. Adams?

In other news; Obama doesn't always use ordinary phrases. His speech at OSU commanded the graduates to "Reject those voices!"
The obvious thing about Obama's speech before the students was the way he cautioned them about misuse of government power, encroachment of freedom, etc. The very thing he and other statists crave, and a don't watch me, watch them move. He will do exactly what he warns against while idiots fault Republicans.
Of course the schmuck and his crew bungled everything, what else is new?
Dont worry. Holder says the DOJ will investigate itself.
State Department says Trust Us.

Besides, What does it matter, anyway?!!!
Obama's statements that he has no patience for the IRS targeting conservative groups, that it is unacceptable and he won't tolerate it, for some reason remind me of W.C. Fields when he protested, "What reprehensible fool stole the cork from my lunch?"
Back in May 2009, Professor Glenn Reynolds, better known to his followers as Instapundit, penned an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal in which he discussed some odd rhetoric from President Obama. Obama had been refused an honorary doctorate by Arizona State University, and Obama said, “President Crowe and the Board of Regents will soon learn all about being audited by the IRS.” http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124260113149028331.html
It doesn't surprise me one bit that you were targeted Mr. Adams. Your book Injustice exposed the current administration for what they are - hopeless Obama shills who will do whatever it takes (legal or not) to further their cause.
Lots of people get audited every year. Some of those people are bound to be Tea Party members or associates. It would be interesting to see if the percentage of Tea Partiers audited was...what's the term...greater than chance? Statistics gurus, help me out here.

Any way to get the necessary statistics?
The statistics won't be available for another 2-3 years.
1 2 Next View All