Ed Driscoll

Paranoia Strikes Deep

May 28th, 2013 - 6:04 pm

thrush_politico_paranoia_global_warming_5-28-13

“Politico’s Glenn Thrush suspects organized army of climate change trolls on Twitter,” Twitchy notes:

Politico’s White House correspondent Glenn Thrush was one of the first out of the gate to politicize the killer tornado that hit Moore, Okla., earlier this month, noting how “striking” it was that the state’s two senators are a “federal spending skeptic” and a “climate change denier.” Thrush received some backlash for the timing of that observation if not the content, and today he’s wondering if there’s some sort of organized or even paid effort to troll those who tag every extreme weather event with the “climate change” label.

Huh, go figure. Why on earth would a left-leaning Politico reporter think that’s there’s some sort of top-down organized effort to shape and control the content of the news media?

Earlier: Earth Cooling; Women, Children, Timesmen Hardest Hit.

Its more leftie projection. Anytime the left ever accuses conservatives of doing something wrong, the left has already done the same thing before, but much worse. Its actually a very good indicator of what the left is doing, since if they accuse the right of doing it, they have already done it themselves.
I don't suppose it ever occured to Thrush that people of good morals (which includes athiests according to the Pope) would be absolutely appaled by anyone trying to score political points from a horrible human tragedy.
Some events transcend politics, and the lefties seem to be very poor at recognizing which ones.
Whenever you want to know what lefties are doing or thinking of doing, just pay attention to what they're acuseing the right of doing or planning. Lefties really are children and they like to brag and can't keep secrets so they always give a tell. You just have to be watching and know what you're looking at.
I agree with Phineas, below. If I got a penny a word for all the anti-AGW articles I've written for my own site and Maggie's Farm, I'd be rich!

It is to dream!
I've read some of your work, Dr. Mercury, and altho it is indeed deft and scintillating, it exists in nowhere near an output upon which to become rich at a penny a word. A penny a letter, perhaps, if you invested wisely and compounded all returns over an average working career's duration.
An Uruh-hai complaining about trolls? That's hilarious.
Common sense tells you if you are cold in late May, your part of the globe is not warmer.
I guess it could also mean you're in the southern hemisphere but point taken.
Only democrats/liberals/progs pay their grass roots. The conservative side relies on actual outrage to generate response.
I wish there were an organized effort. It would be nice to get paid for all the global warming bashing I do.

Which reminds me: my secret cheque from the Koch brothers is late...