Dr. Helen

Journalism’s PC Practitioners

August 28th, 2013 - 12:34 pm

I just did an interesting interview with a journalist from The Daily Beast on Men on Strike that left me kind of concerned with where journalism is going. The reporter seemed to think it was entirely fair to “profile” men for sexual assault because, as she put it, “one in four women are raped.” Leaving aside the validity of this dubious statistic, that seems like a kind of profiling, doesn’t it? I asked her if she would favor profiling black men because they commit crimes at a disproportionate rate and she reacted with disdain — “of course not!” But other than political correctness, what’s the difference? But one can be maintained in polite society, and the other cannot.

Dr Helen it is an effective tactic to "deploy" on men. Your book (which has recently arrived in my house) is about men and not about the false rape culture! Why would a journalist even go there in the interview? Perhaps a sub text of her conversation is why would you bother defending men when 1 in 3 are rapists? See when you peddle victimhood you difuse logical debate, and you escape the responsibility for what you say and your actions and your intent!

I was married for 17 years, have four children, when I was seperated my children did not want much to do with their mother, for three years I received letters from her solicitor until I received one accusing me of molesting my daughters! I took all my children to a government agency to be assessed by a psychiatrist (on my own volition) with the letter, for two hours they played with dolls ...

I still have my daughters but now if I hug them I turn side on, it has changed our relationship ... My point here is with the false rape stats and false allegations these are made to empower one side and disempower the other! The upshot of these allegations for me was I settled the marriage for much less than 50/50, after getting advice from a Barrister I was told this was in effect a warning for more to come ...

About a year after the divorce and settlement my eldest son was admitted to hospital I saw my ex for the first time and after a brief conversation I asked her why she made those allegations? Her response was to deny all knowledge of the letter from her solicitor ... (denial of responsibility for her actions).

Guys don't marry, you will have a greater likelihood of tremendous regret than great joy, statistically speaking :)

your interviewer demonstrates one of the reasons why marriage is less frequent. you have feminazis who harp on questionable stats and want to paint all men as awful and terrible. so men will think it's better to stay single. I certainly do.
Your interview left you concerned? Journalism has been going down the drain for decades.

Did you challenge her to produce evidence of her 1 in 4 rape statistic?
Yes, I let her know that her stats were wrong. Her reply? "Well, what if it it 1 in 6?" That is when I asked her about the profiling. And yes, I realize journalism has "been going down the drain for decades." But I get your point.
I never understood why all of those phony statistics are still passed around with the same vigor after they have been debunked.

I constantly hear "women only earn 75 cents for every dollar a man makes for exactly the same work"

It's true according to the Department of Labor that women make less than men when you add up the income of all women who work over 35 hours a week and compare it to the income of men working over 35 hours. But the last part ("for exactly the same work") is the lie that gets told over and over.

The rape statistic no doubt came from a study by a feminist "researcher" named Mary Koss that was commissioned and funded by Ms. Magazine. Lots of the questions, particularly involving alcohol, were structured to elicit a yes, although the women themselves didn't feel that it was sexual assault.
Liberals continue to use phony stats and make false charges because it cause their opponents to act on the defensive. Conservatives are never advancing their own cause because the naive among them are busy 24/7 trying to answer the question "when did you stop beating your wife?' with facts, logic, security video, and on and on and on.

Conservatives keep playing by Mayberry Rules, until their own demise, while Liberals have been playing by Prison Rules. The common response to this observation is usually some mindless remembrance of what Mayberry used to be like, completely missing the point. We are doomed because our side would rather lose like nice people than even approach the edges of civility, let alone radical action.
Thank you. I'm glad you challenged her. These ridiculous statistics become 'fact' because they get repeated often enough by 'journalists'.
The chief problem is men have got to stop being "nice" to American women. American women are able to say and do the most hateful things with a smile on there face. The problem is American men put up with it. It's true! Most guys are such doormats.

*If a woman disrespects you just ignore her.
*Don't help women in need. Ever.
*Don't buy them things.
*If you're on a date and the woman disrespects you, then leave her promptly.
*Don't shake hands with female professionals. They are your inferiors.

Remember what Camille Paglia said about her own kind:
"If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts."

During the short period of time when I was foolish enough to manage people, I had a problem with an employee. I talked to my human resources representative about it, who said, "He's a white gentile male. He has no rights." I think that "non-hispanic white heterosexual male" might be more accurate, but that's really how it was in 1982, and it's gotten even more that way over the years since.
Well, Dr. Smith, you're making a mistake in assuming intellectual good will, the assumption that the person you're discussing is genuinely interested in truth, reason or having an intellectually coherent set of positions. But, for ideologues intellectual consistency is rather beside the point, isn't it? And the folks at the Daily Beast are, with a few exceptions, ideologues of the worst sort, cosmopolitan progressive poseurs.
Here's a debunking of the "1 in 4" statistic:

This lie goes with so many other feminists' debunked lies: (1) only 2% of rape claims are false; (2) domestic violence spikes on Super Bowl Sunday; (3) Lenore Weitzman's still-quoted "statistics" that men get more well off after divorce while women get worse off; (4) "rule of thumb" coming from some old law (that no one has found) about the size of stick with which one can beat one's wife; (5) wives were their husbands' property in the past; (6) Western women, especially in the US, are all still victims of oppression; (7) women get only about 3/4 the pay of men solely because of discrimination (without accounting for a ton of factors such as job, work hours, and time off for having children); (8) boys have big advantages and get better treatment in school, while girls are heavily disadvanted and squelched; and probably others I can't think of at present. All notions debunked, I must repeat.

But what else is new with the fembot crowd?
A feminist recently accused anti-feminists of using logic and facts like bricks to beat women with, for purposes of rape.
Well, that feminist is, for all intents and purposes, essentially the intellectual stepchild of Sandra Harding, who referred to Newton's Principia Mathematica as a rape manual. She pushed that idea in the mid-80s.
And in a certain sense, Harding and the feminist you cite understand something most of the rest of us don't. They understand what all collectivist ideologues do, that science, reason, logic and fact are the enemies of their entire enterprise. We assume that they're just other intellectuals with bad ideas who simply intellectualized wrongly. They're not. The destruction of the intellect is essential to their agenda.
Feminism's endgame is the State-enforced dehumanization of all men and women deemed not sufficiently feminist, and they are becoming openly totalitarian propagandists to achieve it.