Donald Trump says his self-described boycott of Fox News is over after only one week.
The Republican presidential hopeful is scheduled to appear on “The O’Reilly Factor” Tuesday evening.
The billionaire businessman has been angry with the network since the first GOP debate. Trump tweeted Sept. 23 he wouldn’t be doing any Fox shows “for the foreseeable future” because he felt the network had been treating him unfairly.
Fox said Trump had only announced his boycott after the channel canceled a scheduled Trump appearance on Bill O’Reilly’s show.
For a guy who supporters are banking on to fight, he sure gives in to Roger Ailes rather quickly.
Here and on PJTV I’ve been saying that I never bought any of this Trump/Ailes feud nonsense. There is no broadcast entity on cable that loves giving Trump more free air time. FNC was basically his advance promo team in the weeks leading up to his announcement.
These fights have been ratings kabuki theater, designed only to do what both Trump and Ailes do best: keep people talking about their brands.