If you are one of those lucky people who will spending Thanksgiving with family members of the liberal persuasion, be on guard. America’s favorite gun nanny, Mayor Michael Bloomberg, has provided some talking points for your gun grabbing Thanksgiving companions to serve up along with the turkey and stuffing.
Bloomberg wants your anti-Second Amendment friends and family members to tell you that:
1. The NRA wants anyone, everywhere to have a gun. Without a background check.
2. Women are five times more likely to be killed when an intimate partner has a firearm.
3. Guns don’t stop crime, otherwise America would be the safest country in the nation.
4. Hiding your guns will not keep them safe from kids.
5. Congress hasn’t passed a background check because they are beholden to the gun lobby. The proof: 82% of gun owners support background checks, and yet Congress hasn’t acted.
Gun expert John Lott told guns.com that the Everytown for Gun Safety Thanksgiving propaganda is full of disinformation. “Horrible errors in these claims,” he pointed out. For instance, the classification of “intimate partners” included in the figures about violence towards women also encompasses prostitutes and their customers.
You can read the entire interview, complete with links to information that refutes the ridiculous infographic. Tell the gun-control turkeys at your Thanksgiving table to take a hike.