On Thursday Sylvester Stallone, through a spokesperson, denied sexual assault allegations involving a 16-year-old girl from 30 years ago, when Stallone was 40. In rejecting the claims, his spokeswoman Michelle Bega said:
This is a ridiculous, categorically false story. No one was ever aware of this story until it was published today, including Mr. Stallone. At no time was Mr. Stallone ever contacted by authorities or anyone else regarding this matter.
However, it appears this exact story about Stallone was already published last year — it just received no further attention. And the content of that article from last year undercuts Bega’s claims that “no one was ever aware” and that Stallone was never contacted by “anyone else.”
The article even included an interview with the anonymous alleged victim.
On February 16, 2016, the Baltimore Post-Examiner published an article titled “Sylvester Stallone accused 30 years ago of allegedly having group sex with teen, police say”. It received only a couple hundred Facebook shares and only one comment.
From that article:
Academy Award nominee Sylvester Stallone and his bodyguard, Michael “The Duke” De Luca engaged in group sex with a 16-year-old girl at a Las Vegas hotel and then threatened to “beat her head in” if she ever told anyone, according to a 1986 police report obtained by the Baltimore Post-Examiner.
Stallone’s attorney Martin Singer did not return repeated calls for a comment.
While Stallone himself may personally not have been contacted, his lawyer certainly was, according to the Post-Examiner. And the article’s existence certainly contradicts Bega’s claim that “no one was ever aware of this story until it was published today.”
Stallone's claim — that "no one was ever aware" — already appears FALSE. Same allegations ran on 2/16/16 in the Baltimore Post Examiner, and the story says Stallone's attorney was repeatedly called at the time: https://t.co/eCvfWZ6TBp (HT a commenter on https://t.co/VN8VbMeBHK)
— David Steinberg (@realDSteinberg) November 16, 2017
De Luca, who was 27 in 1986, was shot and killed during a traffic stop on September 6, 2013 by police in California. He had crashed his truck, and reportedly told officers he had a gun when he exited his vehicle.
Police feared he was reaching for it when they shot him — but no gun was found after the incident.
The alleged victim, who was 46 at the time of the Post-Examiner interview, told the paper that the event has haunted her for three decades. She wanted Stallone to understand how his actions impacted her life:
He should be ashamed of himself, what he did to me affected my life and destroyed me.
When asked what she would say to Stallone if she could speak with him, the anonymous accuser said she would ask:
Being a star and someone who people looked up to and admired, how could you have done that to me?
The anonymous accuser further added that she has refused to watch any of Stallone’s movies. She reportedly could not stomach seeing him on screen.
Hat tip David Steinberg