A new trend is sweeping the Internet, and the memes are hilarious. With the IRS targeting conservative groups and presidential candidates promising tax returns that fit on a postcard, the current system seems more unpopular than ever.
Tax Day seems a perfect time to take a moment and enjoy what the conservatives, libertarians, and crazy anarchists are cooking up online, so PJ Media has compiled a list of the 20 best “Taxation is Theft” memes. Enjoy!
1. Just to clarify, this is what happens.
— Paratrooper Tom (@hldisL) April 15, 2016
2. What three little words are the key to every man’s heart?
3. Your daily motivation for April 18th.
Next Page: Ponies, and Robin Hood.
4. Ponies know what’s up.
— Forum Aurum (@24Kt_Steve) April 15, 2016
5. Robin Hood, or Robbin’ Hood?
6. By the way, it wasn’t Robin of Loxley who suggested higher taxes.
Next Page: What does the little bird say to Bernie Sanders?
7. The most beautiful words…
8. Listen to the birdie, Bernie!
9. Listen to the Jedi.
Next Page: Wheel of…Taxes!
10. Welcome to the Matrix.
11. And the winner is…
12. Tell the government, don’t keep the change.
Next Page: What the fox actually says.
13. Oh, that’s what the fox says!
14. Just your daily reminder.
15. What should I spend your money on?
Next Page: More hilarity.
16. Wait, THIS is what social justice really looks like? How is it “liberal”?
17. THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Oh no, I meant:
18. After a while, the Vandals got sophisticated.
Next Page: The very best one.