Good Monday morning.
Here is what’s on the President’s agenda today:
- In the morning, President Donald J. Trump will receive his daily intelligence briefing.
- The President will then lead a deregulation summit.
- Later in the morning, the President will meet with the governors of Kentucky, Mississippi, Maine, and New Hampshire.
- In the afternoon, the President and First Lady Melania Trump will welcome Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and Madam Chan-o-Cha of Thailand.
- The President will then meet with, and hold a working luncheon with, Prime Minister Chan-o-Cha.
- In the evening, the President will have dinner with Republican Members of Congress.
Your elevator pitch news summary for this morning:
There was a mass casualty shooting incident in Las Vegas late last night/early this morning. At least 100 are injured and at least 50 are dead after a shooter fired (what sounded like) fully automatic fire from across the street at the Mandalay Bay hotel. The shooter is dead and was firing from an elevated position into a crowd of 30,000 people at a country music festival. PJ Media’s Pat Poole has the latest details. Police are looking for a companion or roommate named Marilou Danley. The dead shooter has not been identified yet.
The rich, millionaire athletes of the NFL continued with their “protests” this weekend, sitting, kneeling and raising their fists. Marshawn Lynch, kicking off the Trump 2020 campaign, wore a “Everybody vs. Trump” shirt and sat during the national anthem.
Rep. Steve Scalise appeared on CBS this weekend for his first interview since he, along with his GOP congressional colleagues, was almost murdered by a progressive, Bernie Sanders nutter. You probably forgot about the incident since the media memory-holed the story because #inconvenientnarrative.
The mayor of San Juan, who is part of #theresistance, continued to allege Trump is purposely not helping the hurricane-battered country. Other officials in Puerto Rico have come out and contradicted her and pointed out she isn’t even participating in FEMA meetings. I guess she’s too busy getting customized t-shirts and hats made.
Picture of the day:
And that’s all I’ve got, now go beat back the angry mob!