New Silicon Graffiti Video: "The Pinchurian Candidate"
The weekend before November’s elections, Frank Rich of the New York Times wrote a curious column titled, “The G.O.P. Stalinists Invade Upstate New York.”
Apparently, in Rich’s mind, because conservatives thought -- accurately as it turned out -- that Dede Scozzafava, running for Congress in New York’s 23rd District was a Republican in Name Only, and they preferred a more conservative candidate, that made them...Stalinists!
On the other hand, it was rather refreshing to see a journalist with the New York Times use the word pejoratively. Needless to say, that hasn’t always been the case, as we'll explore in the latest edition of Silicon Graffiti, including:
- Thomas Friedman's love for Big Brother in China and Cuba.
- The Time's necrophilic 1953 obit for Stalin.
- Walter Duranty: ace foreign correspondent.
- A quote from the New Yorker on Pinch, Punch, and "the other guy's country."
- And the Time's first ombudsman on where the Gray Lady sits on the ideological spectrum.
Click below to watch:
And for 40 or so previous editions of Silicon Graffiti, click here and keep scrolling and watching.
Article printed from Ed Driscoll: https://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll
URL to article: https://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll/2009/11/18/new-silicon-graffiti-video-the-pinchurian-candidate