Wikipedia describes this symphony:
The Eighth Symphony is generally light-hearted, though not lightweight, and in many places cheerfully loud, with many accented notes. Various passages in the symphony are heard by some listeners to be musical jokes. As with various other Beethoven works such as the Opus 27 piano sonatas, the symphony deviates from Classical tradition in making the last movement the weightiest of the four.
Here are the previous recordings included so far in this new feature. Please leave your suggestions in the comments, on twitter to @DaveSwindle, or via email: DaveSwindlePJM AT Gmail.com
Johann Sebastian Bach
- Bach Harpsichord Concertos BWV 1052,1053,1044, Richard Egarr
- Glenn Gould’s Version of Bach: Goldberg Variations
- Flute Concertos
- Yo Yo Ma Performs Bach’s Six Suites for Unaccompanied Cello
- Collecting Bach Recordings By Instrument: Violin
- The Best Bach Violin Concerto Online?
- How About An Hour of Bach’s Harpsichord Concertos?
- Anybody Appreciate Bach’s Oboe Concertos?
- What Are Your Favorite Lute Recordings?
- Get In the Seasonal Spirit With Bach’s Christmas Oratorio
- A Solo Bach Cello Suite Performed on Viola
- A Bach Christmas Oratoria Performed by the Norwegian Chamber Orchestra
Ludwig van Beethoven
- Beginning an Exploration of Beethoven’s 9 Symphonies, Here’s the First
- Where Do You Rank Beethoven’s 2nd Symphony?
- The Extraordinary BBC Version of Beethoven’s ‘Sinfonia Eroica’
- Tomas Netopil Conducts Beethoven’s 4th Symphony
- Which of These 5 Versions of Beethoven’s 5th Symphony Is Your Favorite?
- Which of These 6 Versions of Beethoven’s 6th Symphony Is Your Favorite?
- Which of These 7 Versions of Beethoven’s 7th Symphony Is Your Favorite?
- Which is Better: Beethoven’s 5th or 7th Symphony?
- Here’s the 9th symphony
- 10,000 People Singing ‘Ode to Joy’
- A Beethoven Flute Serenade To Start Your Day
- The Pastoral Symphony
George Frideric Handel
- Where To Begin To Appreciate Haydn? Symphony No 94 G major
- Wake Up With Haydn’s Missa Sancti Nicolai San Nicola
- Achieved is the Glorious Work
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- “The Best of Mozart” 2 hour selection
- Violin Concerto No. 4 in D.
- A Flute and Harp Concerto in C by Mozart
- Check Out This Clarinet Concerto by Mozart
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Where Does Tchaikovsky Rank Amongst Composers? Here’s a violin concerto in D.
- Start Your Christmas Eve with Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker Suite