Here are the ten media rules for discussing mass shootings:
- If the killers were Islamic, it’s not about Islam.
- If the killers were Christian, it is about Christianity.
- If the killers killed to stop abortions, we need more abortions.
- If the killers killed to stop free speech, we need less free speech.
- If the killers were white and killed blacks, it’s about race.
- If the killers were blacks and killed blacks, it’s about poverty.
- If the killers were blacks and killed whites, it never happened because we won’t report it.
- If the bad guys used guns, good guys must not be able to purchase guns.
- Only the police should have guns. The police are racist killers. So they need guns… I guess… Actually, I’m not sure how this one works.
- Men are women. True is false. Right is wrong.
Let the conversation begin!
For more, listen to this.