VodkaPundit

Required Reading

April 16th, 2014 - 10:28 am

The Mother of All Administration Malfeasance stories, courtesy of Megan McArdle:

For several months now, whenever the topic of enrollment in the Affordable Care Act came up, I’ve been saying that it was too soon to tell its ultimate effects. We don’t know how many people have paid for their new insurance policies, or how many of those who bought policies were previously uninsured. For that, I said, we will have to wait for Census Bureau data, which offer the best assessment of the insurance status of the whole population. Other surveys are available, but the samples are smaller, so they’re not as good; the census is the gold standard. Unfortunately, as I invariably noted, these data won’t be available until 2015.

I stand corrected: These data won’t be available at all. Ever.

Read the whole thing.

I’ve become cynical enough about politics in the last quarter century that I thought nothing could shock me anymore. But the same White House that weaponized the IRS has done the same thing to the Census Bureau, and turned it into the data-collection, collation, and distribution arm of the Democratic Party.

Folks, I don’t know how to clean up this mess anymore.

"Folks, I don’t know how to clean up this mess anymore."

What the next Republican Administration should do:

1: Terminate Civil Service. There's nothing special about the requirements to work for the government.
2: Eliminate government worker unions. They are nothing more than Democrat Party fronts.
3: Fire every single Federal Gov't employee who gave to the Democrat Party during the Obama years. Start hunting for corruption like this Census mess and the IRS mess. Fire every single person even remotely involved, who does not have a solid paper trail showing they fought the decisions.

In short, make sure that every single Federal Employee knows that playing politics will get them fired, no pension, the second a new Administration comes into place.

And, maybe:
4: Massive FBI i9nvestigations of everyone who gets fired, looking for the slightest crimes to charge them with. Completely and utterly destroy the lives of any Federal Employee who lets themselves be "weaponized".
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
Geo. Mason

"Folks, I don’t know how to clean up this mess anymore."

I just thought up a way.

Let's change the rules so that every new term ends with every candidate lining up against a wall facing an equal number of people with rifles. A few unknown rifles will be loaded with blanks, the rest will be live. If the politician survives, then they can retire/continue to serve the country.

For extra corrupt politician deterrence, pick the riflemen from middle class taxpayers only and let them choose their own target.
He's changed the census so that it resembles unemployment numbers. Grab any number that makes you look good, except now, only derived guesses are available. You can 'hide' embarrasing numbers, like the real number of working age adults who aren't working, better that way.

It also gives a wink to those who would falsely report their status in hopes of 'making the case' for their party's re-election. Say, by over reporting that you're gay, or uninsured, or disabled / handicapped, or whatever other victim-groups you'd like to claim, too. Or how many times you voted in the last election, or how those mean Republicans threatened you when you tried. It lets them fudge things like how many people live in a certain democrat's district, and how many live in a rural republican's district.

More opportunities for corruption and graft. If only you could have an organization like OFA or Acorn getting huge grants to recruit and train census workers, *THEN* we'd see some real progress.

Just pull any statistic you'd like, out of your ass and wave it around, and no one can challenge it or your accounting practices. Or in the case of the left-controlled media, no one with enough integrity and lacking a relative in the administration with enough of a backbone to question it.
SG, I once more offer my suggestion to make political corruption an affirmative defense in cases of assault.
All Green seems to do is quote PJM and other right-wing bloggers. Guess with all that vodka he can't handle much more on his own.
Then where's the data? Why the rule change?

If you can't answer those questions -- well, then resort to ad hominem, I suppose.
Resort to ad hominem, something PJM never does? Ya got me. Guilty as charged.
You don't have an answer to either question then.

I figured as much.
The drunkenness is a posture, like Progressive virtue.